Review by Pertita -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pertita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pertita.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward

Review by Pertita -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Pertita »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried's smelly socks by Len Foley is a book for kids dedicated to two young girls Becky and Sofia, inspired by their never ending pile of socks. The book provides a great laugh, a joyful time with lovely rhymes and illustrations.

Sigfried is the hero of the story and he's a young child who loves colorful socks.The book is like a stinky mess as Sigfried describes it, so he is determined to find the cause of the smell. As he keeps on looking, perhaps it's the rotten banana or the squish mushed chewing gum from last year. Oh, it may be the pizza slice or that peanut butter and jelly chunks. Looks like his dog Oscar peed there. What about that terrible smell of his hair? Listing the reasons, he finds a pile of unwashed socks hidden under his bed. There are orange, green, blue, red socks. some smell like dog slobber, kraut or even old potatoes. Could it be the reason? How can he solve this?

For starters, I'd love to appreciate this book and the great thoughts put into making it. The words, the pictures and the concept is very suitable for kids. The rhymes is good, though the flow is a little weird but it doesn't affect the fun.The storyline is nice and simple for kids. I don't think any child would hate this. Maybe the older kids won't appreciate it or be disgusted by it ,but toddlers will be in love with it.

This books helps training the child senses, depending on the colours and describing smells with new words adding the kids vocabulary. I honestly think it's great to engross all the senses giving the best experience possible. I feel like you actually can smell things from the book which made me gag internally to be honest. The pictures are very helpful and simple, reaching the child's heart. It also gives him the idea of being responsible and keeping his room clean as Sigfried washes his socks at the end of the book solving his problem himself.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book deserves the rating and no less. couldn't find any errors or anything wrong, everything flows perfectly. It gives off an aura of happiness due to the variable colours. The words and pictures are very smooth and joyful. It's very funny ,he'll have a good laugh and learn some good things providing a great way of entertainment. I'd recommend this book to any parent all the way.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Pertita's review? Post a comment saying so!
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Your review is nice. It's interesting reading from your pov. I think Sigfried is funny.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”