Review by Nma26 -- The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Mag...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Nma26 -- The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Mag...

Post by Nma26 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jordan David’s book, The Elf Legacy – Book Five of The Magi Charter is a fictional story of the gradual growth and expansion of a fictional elf city called the North Pole. This occurs during the successive tenures of different Santa Clauses. From Santa Juvenescent to Santa Rayos Magos, the North Pole witnesses a lot of technological advancements that transforms the entire operations at the North Pole. How the elves adapt to these changes is a major backbone of the story.

Also worth mentioning is the use of runes, crystals, and glow bulbs in the story. The final confrontation between Master Lux and Emiko brings the story to a climax. Characters like Anna and Merlin bring intrigue, suspense, and adventure to the story.

Jordan David displays a high level of organization in the arrangement of the chapters. Also, the story does not just entertain, but also educates the reader as well. His creative and very active imagination makes this book a must-read for book lovers.

A most interesting part of this book was when Rafael was sent back to the world to recover Emiko’s rune caches. The level of intelligence displayed here was quite laudable. I enjoyed this the most. The reason for this was because I’d never thought of writing a letter to myself in the event of a memory loss. Also, decoding the Omni pad and maintaining correspondence with Master Lux and Silver was a very brilliant plan.

As interesting as this book is, it is not without its flaws. I didn’t enjoy stopping in the course of reading this book to make typographical corrections. The book didn’t look like it was edited. Errors like, “The reindeer went through the same serious of maneuvers to throw off anything following” is just one of such typographical errors in the book. I like this the least because I had to stop severally in the course of reading this book to understand the story.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give it a 4 because it had a lot of typographical errors. I also did not give it a 2 because it is a very interesting story if not for the errors.

This book would appeal most to lovers of fiction and anyone with a creative or an active imagination. This could include children, teenagers and youths. It would also appeal to anyone who wants to know the origin of the gifts Santa Claus gives out at Christmas. It also might appeal to anyone who has received such gifts. It would appeal least to people who are stereotyped in their way of thinking and are resistant to change. This may include adults.

Generally, this story is very compelling, educational, enlightening, and informative. If not for the editing issues, I think this work would make one of the best literary works.

The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nma26's review? Post a comment saying so!
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

That is unfortunate about the errors in the book, but it sounds like a good read otherwise! I wasn't too interested until you pointed out that it discusses the origins of Santa Claus. I might have to read it now. Thanks for the review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

There are a lot of unique concepts in this book, such as elves adapting to technological changes and someone writing a letter to themselves in the event of a memory loss. I am so sorry about the editorial flaws in this book which detract from its rating. Thank you for a comprehensive review.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

This sounds like a great story to read around Christmas if you are looking for a different take on a Christmasy story. Hopefully, the author can get an editor soon and work out the many typographical errors so his book is more enjoyable to read.
Thank you for an in-depth review!
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

It's obvious you enjoyed the book. It sounds like a really interesting book, I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the review.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The fact that the book has in it an adventure is enough to make me add it on my to-read list. Thanks for your intriguing review.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

A book with the concept of technological advancements in the North Pole sounds hilarious. It seems like a book I'll like. Nice review
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

Thanks everyone.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Sounds like a book I would enjoy during Christmas. Unique. Thank you.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I love the magic of Christmas! A story that shows that there has been a long line of Santas, that technology has advanced, and the real tangible magic elements such as runes, is so refreshing. I need to check this out!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

How the author could take the concept of Christmas, Santa, elves and the North Pole, then create a whole entertaining story around it, is very creative. I would certainly love to read it to know more about how this all pans out. Thanks for the review.
ArriettyClock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arriettyclock.html
Latest Review: The Judge part 1 and 2 by Ian RB Morris

Post by ArriettyClock »

It's an interesting idea for the technological advancement of the North Pole! I may need to read the books previous to this first. Your review makes me want to read the whole series!
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Errors in a book are usually a turn off for me, but I really enjoyed your review. I think the idea of writing yourself a letter in case you lose your memory is intriguing.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds like it could be interesting. I like that it mentions Santa Claus. It’s too bad about all the errors in the book. Thanks for your review.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I've no idea about the origination of Santa Claus and his gifts for Christmas, but your review sounds good. The errors are unfortunate in an otherwise good book. Good review!
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”