Review by Mo101788 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mo101788
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mo101788.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Review by Mo101788 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Mo101788 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman is an electrifying sci-fi/fantasy book that had me riveted until the end. Alex Fine is a young man raised in an L.A. orphanage who accidentally comes across a unique talent that will change his life forever. Alex finds he is able to travel through the internet at light speed to anywhere in the world. He also realizes that during his travels he is able to secure, memorize or change important data such as bank account information. With this newfound ability, he wants to become the new age Robin Hood, taking from the rich and giving to the poor. But Alex ends up falling through the rabbit hole and biting off too much than he can chew.

When I first started reading about Alex I really enjoyed his character, he was a responsible young man who had a good heart. Once he found out about his rare gift I was excited to see what he was going to do with it. At first, I think Alex intended to do honorable things with his talent but unfortunately due to his age and inexperience he starting making rash decisions. Even though Alex meant well he didn’t think it through when he decided to steal from a very evil and powerful criminal, and that’s when Alex’s life turns into a roller coaster ride of a lifetime.

My favorite thing about this book is the gift that Alex possesses, it is very unusual and unlike anything I’ve read about before. At first, it was hard to wrap my head around Alex’s talent because it was so intricate, but the author did an astounding job describing his ability which in turn helped me visualize Alex when he traveled through the interweb.

The part I disliked the most in the story was what happened to Anna, a girl Alex befriends on his travels. I understand that Alex is young and didn’t think about the consequences if he got caught stealing from a hardened criminal, but I was still very upset with his actions. Alex did learn a couple lessons from that incident and he tries to make up for them by initiating goodness into the world by using his ability, but unfortunately, he still makes poor choices throughout the story. These poor choices are what ultimately lead to his heartache and solitude. I am hoping in the sequel that Alex uses better judgment and uses his gift to help himself and others.

I would rate Superhighway 3 out of 4 stars. There were a few grammatical errors but the story was so intriguing it did not cloud my reading experience. I would recommend this book to young or adult audiences who appreciate unique sci-fi tales. It had all the right components for a wide variety of readers. After finishing the book I sat and contemplated what I would have done if I had been in Alex’s position, and the sky’s the limit

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Mo101788's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”