Review by DorcasToo -- A Little Lost A Little Found

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Review by DorcasToo -- A Little Lost A Little Found

Post by DorcasToo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Little Lost A Little Found" by HM Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

H. M. Irwing is my all-time favorite romance fiction author. She writes exceptional romance with amazing and conventional heroines. Her writing style is unique; exhibiting a wonderful character development. A Little Lost A Little Found is the first book in the Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr series. A story of love, betrayal, dilemma, family, trust issues amongst many other themes across the book.

Lucy Little was born Ara Starr. She is a result of a youthful affair with her Australian mother, Mary Little, had with an American. Her father, Krynte Starr, is a well-known, award-winning singer. At six-month-old; during an award ceremony, her twin, Blaze Starr, is kidnapped. This result in a series of events: their parents separate, their father stops singing and Mary remarries. She marries a fellow Aussie, Patrick Little, and are blessed with a set of twin girls, Emily and Catherine. Lucy grows up knowing none of these and at 12 years, she seeks to know answers pertaining to her paternal father and twin brother.

Jace Neil is Lucy's childhood friend and teenage crush. One day, some kids were bullying Lucy, and he saved her, marking the beginning of their friendship. However, their friendship is threatening to grow into something else, as they start seeing each other in a different light. Jace is rich, but, a player. A fact proved by the many girls he's been hitting on. On the other hand, Richard Reeves is Jace's best friend and a self-made billionaire. Regardless of this, he makes an appearance in Lucy's life and intends to stay. He just has a way of solving things even the impossible. So how does he fit in this story? And what interest does he have in the eldest Little sister?

Once again this story is amazing. Lots of twists and turns and you can never anticipate what happens next. The characters have been well developed. In particular, I love the Littles they are so perfect ,yet, natural. Lucy is determined and fights for what she wants even if it means stepping on others standing in her path. The writing is beautiful, the plot captivating and the storyline perfect.

I rate the book a 3 out of 4 stars. The build-up is good and as usual, a massive cliffhanger at the end. I found the book engaging and captivating despite the few errors majority being typos. The book definitely needs a round of editing and polishing to get the perfect rating. I recommend this book to lovers of Contemporary Romance Fiction.

A Little Lost A Little Found
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like DorcasToo's review? Post a comment saying so!
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

You really make me want to have a read of this book. Though am not that a fan of Irwing. But this book though is attractive based on your review. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

This sounds like an interesting novel - I love the concept of a back story that the character herself doesn't even know. If I'm ever in the mood for romance, I might pick up this novel.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I'm amazed at your views about this book.After reading Heartaches, I'm not really interested in reading H.M. Irwing's books again.However from your review, this may be different, so I may consider it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”