Review by holaerjon -- If life stinks get your head outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
holaerjon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holaerjon.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by holaerjon -- If life stinks get your head outt...

Post by holaerjon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak contains alot of information to help a person get motivated. The inspirational words come more in the form of a workbook as it asks you to initial each chapter to show that the person comprehends what was read and that the person will try to do each of these activities. The words are very simple and quite blunt in some ways, but the author makes his point very clearly.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book gives inspiration to those that are feeling low. I would even go as far as to say it could help someone to be brought out of a depressive state and to be happier in life. This is the reason I gave it 3 stars. I did not give it a 4 star rating because I believe some of the information was repeated several times and someone that does not have a good attention span would lose interest after the middle of the book.

I really enjoyed the "common" terms that were used in the book as I could relate them to everyday life. This helped me relate to the author because it seemed as if he had been in these situations and offered very good advice that if one took could improve their circumstance. The part I like least is I believe the book could have been shortened. I grew tired towards the ending because I felt the information was being repeated. The author done so well getting the point across that I believe it being so long was overkill.

The author had several words of advice from his father in the book which can be very relatable with a family-oriented reader but could turn a person that does not have that relationship away. The book is so motivating that someone might miss out on the experience.

The book was very well-written; free of grammatical and structure errors. The author put forth much effort in both informing and entertaining the reader as evident in the book. I would highly recommend this book to be read by young adults or anyone going through a hard time in their life. It is very inspirational, motivating, and could be useful in places like doctors offices or with anyone with low self-esteem. I believe it is very educational and if anyone needs a pick-me-up it is a definite read.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like holaerjon's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

I love to read a self help book any time. In this one, the author seems to have plenty of tips to share with his readers. It's too bad that at some point the repetition seems tedious. I find the book's name to have some sort of underlying pun, for those who enjoy those type of jokes. Nice review.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I appreciate a good read with family-oriented advice. Thanks for your enlightening review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”