Review by Shraddha_rc -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shraddha_rc
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddha-rc.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Review by Shraddha_rc -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Shraddha_rc »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak World on Fire, Book I is definitely one of the few trilogies related to paranormal and fantasy genre that I’ll be willing to read in one go. It is intriguing and put me on edge as the story continued.

Abigail is a girl who serves for the council, but they have barely to no faith on her after what she went through in her past. She is a pariah for them, and they try to give as less work as possible. She doesn’t quite remember everything that had happened to her few months ago, but she is adamant to solve the part of her memory that are snatched from her or are they really snatched? She has no clue.

Haatim has lost his faith in God after his little sister’s death. The incident took a toll on him. He tries getting away from his family to find some place to escape from the reality. He stays in touch with his mother but hates his father for not being a part of his life and for not taking care of his little sister either. He accuses his father’s faith for the death and wants nothing to do with him. He stays in Arizona from where he had graduated. His life takes a turn when a guy approaches him and seeks for a favor from him, offering him money for doing the job. He agrees, knowing well he has to start earning his own money, but he had no idea what he had signed up for.

When these two worlds collide, secrets reveal and lives get endangered. Will it be easy for them to survive together against a force that wants them in hell, literally?

I have to point out that this book is a part of a trilogy that I’m eager to read after reading this book. The chasing sequence in the novel is bang on. The characters are superbly written and so are the scenarios in which they are. Interlinks between the characters was the most surprising for me. There were many parts where I had to stop myself from screaming in excitement.

When I was reading the prologue, I thought that the story would revolve around the character mentioned in it, the most. But I was amazed when I started reading the chapters. The character from the prologue constitutes a significant part of this trilogy and is the reason for the start of the events that take place in it. But maybe we will read about it more in the second or third installment.

The female protagonist in this book is nonreligious, but rather believes in her mentor who is religious. She is a bad-ass and stops at nothing when she takes decision to complete the task in hand. I instantly fell in love with her stubbornness. The male protagonist is a normal and clueless guy, making him likeable. The support they offer each other impressed me and I didn’t find it unrealistic in any way.

Fortunately, this book editing is well so it doesn’t have any grammatical or spelling errors. There was nothing that I didn’t like about it apart from the fact that this book ends at a cliffhanger, which actually made me bang my fist on the pillow that I had on my lap. It was frustrating that after reading the book with so much interest, I was still left clueless to the future about it. I praise the author for writing so effectively.

The cliffhanger pushed me off my limits and now I’m eager to read the next installment of this book. If you’re a fan of action packed, paranormal activities filled novel, then this is the best choice to add to your reading list.

I’m delighted to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I can’t wait to read other books written by Lincoln Cole. I hope they are just as spectacular as this one.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shraddha_rc's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Spectacular review Shradhha! I love it when the protagonist is realistic and likeable, with his own flaws. I hope you enjoy the rest of the books in the series. :tiphat:
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”