Review by Sesame -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sesame
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sesame.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Sesame -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Sesame » 15 Aug 2018, 06:40

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

By looking at the book cover, Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! is a colorful children book written by Len Foley. This book consists of some real images of fruits, food, and jams. However, there are some dirty stains images in it. Some people may find those images disgusting. Therefore, I will advise those people with mysophobia look away from this book. Besides, there is a hilarious ending for this book which I think people with mysophobia cannot accept it. Moreover, I will suggest the parents read together with the children in order to guide the children the correct way to wash smelly socks.

This book allows parents to teach their kids some words while reading it as there are some real images of fruits, food, and jam. The way that Sigfried washed his smelly socks is funny but not advisable for anyone in the real world. There is always a possibility that children will follow the way of Sigfried wash his smelly socks, so I strongly recommend this children book to be read with the parent’s guide.

I personally like how the writer illustrates the different colour and designs of the socks with the different descriptions of the smells of socks. Did the writer really collect a bunch of socks and smell each of it to come out with so many different descriptions of the smells? I think the writer is very creative. I like the colour and designs of the socks.

The only part that I dislike is the way Sigfried washed his smelly socks, but since that ending is a humor of the book. Therefore, I will rate 3 out of 4 stars for this book as overall of this book is quite hilarious and funny.

The lesson I learned from this book is that I will not pile up my unwashed socks and try to hide them under my bed. This kind of actions will result in the accumulation of unpleasant smells and bacteria in my bedroom. I don’t think the accumulation of unpleasant smells and bacteria in the bedroom are good for health. Therefore, I hope the readers for this book will not pile up unwashed socks in the bedroom. I know some of us tend to wear back the same socks from yesterday but I advise everyone to wear newly washed socks every day to reduce the accumulation of bacteria on our foot. If we have many bacteria accumulate on our foot, our foot will smell bad and feel itchy. Therefore, we better wear newly washed socks every day to prevent smelly and itchy foot.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sesame's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”