Review by sanjus -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by sanjus -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman is the first book in the series of the Superhighway triology. This story is about the protagonist Alex who loses both of his parents soon after his birth. He grows up in an orphanage and learns good moral ethics from a good caretaker. With the facilities available at the orphanage, he grows up as a bright student and also develops his interest especially in the field of computer science.

Alex discovers his ability to teleport himself through any computer network cable from one place to another place wherever there is an internet connection. He discovers this accidentally for the first time he touches a network cable of a computer with his bare hand at the orphanage. He suddenly passes through the network cable and lands at a different place. He gradually becomes an expert in his teleporting skill and uses it as a tool to search for his parents. He uses his talents to hack the bank accounts of the antagonists through the internet and gets money for his work. He insists with himself for a justification for not doing anything unethical. Alex commits some big blunders due to his impulsive actions and repents later for those actions.

This book is only for those having an interest in science fiction. The teleportation is imaginary and hard to achieve in the near future. The book has a good flow, and it captivated me so much that I could not put it down until I finished reading it. The characters are well crafted, and most of the times things go smoothly in the plot. All the scenes are enjoyable except the one in which the goons brutally kill a receptionist of the hotel at which Alex stays. I felt a little disturbed by this unwanted scene. The author describes the food that Alex eats when he travels to the different places in a mouth-watering style.

The story sounds like a daydream or a wishful thought. One should mind this to make the reading enjoyable. It may not be that interesting to read otherwise. I felt it a little weird when the story gives unbelievable reasons for some recently occurred across the world. As this book is based on a fictional story, so I feel that one should never mind the fictitious links and the incorrect logic behind it.

I appreciate the author’s concept of writing which engages the reader by creating some curiosity in the plot. This book has negligible grammatical errors, but I am not happy with one of the scenes in the story. Taking into consideration my likes and dislikes, I decided to rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like sanjus's review? Post a comment saying so!
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Great review. I too enjoyed the book for what it is
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Great review Sanju! I'm not a fan of science fiction so I won't be reading this book. I'm sorry one of the scenes failed to impress you though. Thank you for your thoughtful review :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

trajoe1206 wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 21:18 Great review. I too enjoyed the book for what it is
Thank you for your time and replying to this review, Really it was enjoyable
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Fuzaila wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 01:33 Great review Sanju! I'm not a fan of science fiction so I won't be reading this book. I'm sorry one of the scenes failed to impress you though. Thank you for your thoughtful review :)
Thanks for stopping by and replying,
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I also read and reviewed this book. I agree with you about one (or more) disturbing scenes, but overall I found it to be enjoyable. Being able to travel through the internet is such an interesting concept!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

That's really interesting about how Alex can teleport using computer cables and the internet! Can you imagine? Now, I'm interested! Thanks for the review!
Harzelryan
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Harzelryan »

Thanks for the captivating review I had to pass this book but given your review I'll have to go back maybe I had misjudged it.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

sanjus wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 01:55 [Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
The book has a good flow, and it captivated me so much that I could not put it down until I finished reading it.
A lot of times I'll find a book with a lot of problems, but the narrative is so good, it holds my attention and keeps me interested. I too was unimpressed with a lot of the action scenes, but the writing kept me glued.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Alex reminds me of both Spiderman and Flash Gordon in terms of his superpowers. He, however, reminds me of Robin Hood based on his characteristics. Thank you for a lovely review sanjus.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I almost read this book once but couldn't due to some inconveniences. Your review makes me want to read this book. Fabulous story! I'm sure to read this book in future.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for the detailed review! I like the sound of this book so I'm going to give it a try. It's too bad about some of the scenes that you mentioned, but hopefully I'll be able to read those with a blind eye :techie-studyingbrown:
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Teleporting through a computer network cable is amazing.The author is creative.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

I'm glad you could not put it down until you finished reading it.That means it must be very interesting.I would love to read this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”