Review by slsscifiandart -- If life stinks get your head...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
slsscifiandart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slsscifiandart.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by slsscifiandart -- If life stinks get your head...

Post by slsscifiandart »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For a down-to-Earth style of a book, it amazes me how one can elaborate on a concept that can be summarized in one sentence in a conversation. The published editing look and chapter organization indicates that the writer took care in the organization when writing down their thoughts into such an advice book. That said, this approach is much recommended to someone trying to better themselves from an adolescent age versus a current college graduate like myself. It’s not that what the author says doesn’t apply to me. Rather, it serves more of a review on what I already know and what teens need to know when growing up. But, a mere demographic opinion doesn’t take away a rating, thus I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Onto the layout, the 32 chapter titles are self-explanatory and summarize what each chapter will be talking about in depth. As mentioned earlier, the editing is well done, and the chapters are thoroughly organized when reading from one chapter to the next. An interesting addition of the initial signing gives an interesting way for the audience to be involved and commit to what the author is addressing in each chapter. This sort of addition makes it great for adolescents to look back and keep track of their commitments to better themselves and leave some adults in their 20s to review or remind themselves and strive to be better each day.

As I mentioned earlier, this book isn’t meant for those that are already aware of the concepts the writer is addressing in his book. For example, most of us should already know by now that we have ourselves to blame whenever not at our best or that there’s a limit to blaming other people for our lack of success, social struggles, etc. Most of us also know that success isn’t easy either and that there are no “laid back secrets” to success despite some books in the market that are pumping such beliefs. That was why I mentioned earlier that perhaps some adults in their 20s need to review the concepts, not all.

As for those later in life? I’m not sure if this book will hold up for older demographics despite the author himself being in that demographic. Doesn’t make it bad or anything. It just means a limited audience that needs to learn the words of wisdom. While the best books capture all ages with quality writing, good books can still be drawn with a select audience and still be successful. So, there’s hope that this book can capture the audience that needs to hear the words of wisdom the author provides.

To wrap up some concepts, this book holds itself together in an organized way and can serve to be useful for adolescents in need of a down-to-Earth pep talk or two from someone with more life experience. The writing is clear and to the point in its explanations and advice. While it wasn’t an eye opener as I read the book, it was a refreshing review of things I would already learn, either from other advice books or when growing up in life.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like slsscifiandart's review? Post a comment saying so!
Potseak10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Potseak10 »

Interesting. I think this is a subject that needs to be addressed, and I'd be curious to see what the author has to say, especially his solutions. Even without the examples, it sounds like a book worth reading. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”