Review by Kister Bless -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Bloody Book" by Chris Bowen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen is a great ideal mystery book. It's a book that tells us the story of Maxx. Maxx is an eighth grade student who has his struggles in school plus the challenges he faces at home. The book generally focuses on the darker side of childhood.

The book portrays life situations that we meet in our daily lives. For instance, domestic violence, poverty and drug abuse are common problems that affects many families and hence affecting performance of their children in schools. Like Maxx in the book, he went through a lot of problems because of the drunkard father and the mother who cared the less about him and his little sister. Maxx's parents were not fair to him. They did what they did knowing that Maxx was in charge at his tender age, his mother who always went out at night and his father who was ever drunk. Maxx was literally in charge since when he was young, taking care of his young sister Rosie. This couldn't allow him to do well in school.

Honestly, when I picked out this book for review I wasn't so positive about it. The title of the book plus it's cover gave me a second thought about it. I thought it was a war book filled with blood shed incidences and scenarios. I wasn't even sure if I was going to read each page of the book. Well, after reading through some few pages of the book, I couldn't put it down even for a second. I had the urge to read on and on because the book was just amazing.

While reading the book at some point I felt that Maxx who is our main character was speaking to me. From the book we get to understand better development of young minds and how our actions might affect them negatively especially the children.

I loved the book because of the use of plot twist by the author which I never saw coming, the great vocabulary and how he made the plot flow well. The characters in A Bloody Book are also well-developed. All this makes the book more enchanting and a great read.

I rate A Bloody Book 4 out of 4 stars because it is worth it. The book was professionally edited. Also, the story is full of wit and hope and so anyone can read it. It doesn't matter if one is 10 years or 70 years. In life we are all disadvantaged in one way or another. Suffering is common to us all. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves books with plot twist.

A Bloody Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Sounds like a good mystery book. I recently reviewed a mystery book and I'm looking forward to reading this one. Nice review. Keep it up!
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thanks so much. It's a great read I bet you will love it.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

You are right the book's title and cover give the impression of war and bloodshed! I like books where people overcome disadvantaged beginnings. I just might give this a try. Thanks for the great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thanks so much Cotwani. Am glad you loved it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”