Review by pooja23 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pooja23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pooja23.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by pooja23 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by pooja23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When they said that you should not read your books while eating, they were absolutely right.

Eating while you read your book will never be appreciated if a piece of your pizza holds on to the book for eternity. You will be amazed to know that food is not the only thing that can leave its mark and let the book smell. For example, your younger brother might have cleaned his nose on those very pages or your little sister might have wiped the pages by her diapers. Hold on there! There is literally a lot of things that can make your book smell funny.

With plenty of options to choose from and running out of the people to blame for this act, Sigfried is going to realize that none of it compares to the smell that stops functioning his head: his unwashed, stinky socks. Can he blame his Mom for that? Oh no, she is obviously staring at him now. This is a book for children aged between 3-6 years old or anyone who does not like to wash their socks and need to check on the reality.

What I liked about it was the super awesome words I got to learn from it. I started chucking during the dedication itself. One does not have to have a degree in rocket science to understand where would have the author got the idea for writing a story on smelly socks. The book describes the story of each and every house that has a few children.

Another thing I absolutely adored in this book is its illustrations. They are a gem and I must say I have not seen such art in recent days. Compiled in only 27 pages, I say it should have been lengthier because I did not want myself to be stopped from the plethora of entertainment and delight I was receiving from it.

The character development is something serious to look for. We have here is a boy, Sigfried who is worried about his book that smells horrible and entertains to the fullest. The boy is going to learn a useful episode of his life.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the fabulous and realistic illustrations, perky, rhyming and catchy lines by the junior protagonist. I gave the full rating 4 because Sigfried’s story really deserves it. It was fun to listen to a boy who is seriously thinking of getting rid of his problems. Who doesn’t like to listen to a responsible kid? I do!

I will recommend this book to those parents who are dealing with their children throwing their socks (or anything smelly for that matter) carelessly. I am certain that this little book of surprise and smell would instill in the children the discipline to take care of their belongings once they understand the great magnitude of problems smelly things can cause in the house!

Although I am left curious to find out how Sigfried got away with the other kind of smells the book contained. Did he teach his siblings about his new-found attitude? Did he go to his mother and receive a badge for learning a lesson? I believe this one needs a second installment.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pooja23's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Haha, enjoyed reading your review Pooja! I recently read this book too, and even though I did find it hilarious, obviously not exactly in the same way you did. Great job! :D
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”