Review by ValBookReviews -- I Can See Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Review by ValBookReviews -- I Can See Peace

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I Can See Peace" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Where do you find peace? At first glance, I thought about the chaos and craziness of the world. I thought about how trauma has affected the lives of our children. It seems we may never understand the depth of the impact imposed on them. Nevertheless, I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn is a perfect solution to meet any child's needs in the midst of an uncomfortable situation. It is about showing children ages 4 and up how they can see and find peace entirely around them.

I Can See Peace is the essentials to knowing that children can see peace in everything. It shows them that they can see peace when they are happy, as seen in a smile, in the birds sitting calmly in a tree, a relaxing dog and horse, a page on a good book, and peace found repeatedly. I Can See Peace effectively teaches children what personal internal and external struggles appear like. The strong artwork demonstrates what it looks like to work through their interrupted peace. It tactfully addresses the emotional elements of real-life issues relating to fear, hurt, and pain.

I like that I Can See Peace provides a parent and a teacher guide that includes why this book, how do you seek peace, peace in perspective, as well as gathering peace; stimulating discussion questions, follow-up activities, and the cutest song, "I Smile at Myself". I too like the bold and vivid illustrations. I believe the powerful and convincing messages will capture their full attention.

I Can See Peace, written so well that I cannot find one thing not to like about it. I agree with the author, the more a child practices the techniques provided, the more they will thrive. Hopefully, at least one child is able to learn and apply the methods early on. Except, I am afraid some may not like and disagree with my point of view.

I rate I Can See Peace 4 out of 4 stars because it is a suitable conversation starter. I did not locate any grammatical and spelling errors. As a mom and grandmother, I understand the importance for perfect peace needed in the life of a child. Therefore, I highly recommend I Can See Peace to parents, guardians, grandparents, schoolteachers, counselors, caseworkers and others as a helpful learning tool. Congratulations to the author for writing and telling the stories that both adults and children can use to develop the skills to create and sustain a culture of peace.

I Can See Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ValBookReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

In a world that is so fast-paced and full of chaos, this book is a gem for children. Just because things aren't going well around you, doesn't mean that peace is an impossible thing to find. Introducing children to the concept of peace is also critical, because it lays the foundation of future deeper conversations like diversity and tolerance of others around us. Thank you for this review.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review.

Values education needs to start early in a person's life but it's not a reason to let a good read pass us by, indeed. It may already be a bit late for me to begin reading this, but you've still made me put me into my Want to Read list for a start.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

As always, you wrote a great review... Sadly in the modern society, even children are becoming more and more tensed and anxious. One of the main reasons is the education system. Lack of involvement with the nature also plays a big role. If this book helps troubled children find peace, I think everybody should read this.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a nice review. I enjoyed reading it. The book sounds interesting. In such a world we are living at such a time as this, we are always confronted with things that may cause us to be tensed and stressed. Children are not spared too. It is, therefore, good to note that the author could write a book as this so as to help children to lead lives of peace. The parents and teachers will always find this book very handy.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
FreshFire
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by FreshFire »

I truly appreciate the concept of presenting to children the principle of peace. Your review presents compelling truths that every adult should be encouraged to go get this book and share it with their children. Thanks for the excellent review posting. Yes I can see peace for all children and all people. 😃❤️
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

joycechitwa wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 11:46 In a world that is so fast-paced and full of chaos, this book is a gem for children. Just because things aren't going well around you, doesn't mean that peace is an impossible thing to find. Introducing children to the concept of peace is also critical because it lays the foundation of future deeper conversations like diversity and tolerance of others around us. Thank you for this review.
Thank you, Joyce, for stopping by! Great point! Your reply is absolutely spotted as an addendum. :)
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Espie wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 00:35 Thank you for your review.

Values education needs to start early in a person's life but it's not a reason to let a good read pass us by, indeed. It may already be a bit late for me to begin reading this, but you've still made me put me into my Want to Read list for a start.
That's great, Espie! It's never too late. Enjoy the read and thank you for your replying! :)
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Sunnyroyish wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 02:03 As always, you wrote a great review... Sadly in the modern society, even children are becoming more and more tensed and anxious. One of the main reasons is the education system. Lack of involvement with nature also plays a big role. If this book helps troubled children find peace, I think everybody should read this.
Thank you for your consistent support, Sunny! I certainly agree with your meaningful point-of-view! :)
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Kibetious wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 06:26 This is a nice review. I enjoyed reading it. The book sounds interesting. In such a world we are living at such a time as this, we are always confronted with things that may cause us to be tensed and stressed. Children are not spared too. It is, therefore, good to note that the author could write a book as this so as to help children to lead lives of peace. The parents and teachers will always find this book very handy.
Yes, Kibetious! That's a very good point! The book is an interesting one to share with all. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply! I pray for peace for our children. :)
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

FreshFire wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 19:58 I truly appreciate the concept of presenting to children the principle of peace. Your review presents compelling truths that every adult should be encouraged to go get this book and share it with their children. Thanks for the excellent review posting. Yes, I can see peace for all children and all people. 😃 ❤️
Yes, FreshFire! Thank you sincerely for your point-of-view! I appreciate each time you stop by and reply! :)
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

ValBookReviews wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:51 Thank you, Joyce, for stopping by! Great point! Your reply is absolutely spotted as an addendum. :)
:text-welcomeconfetti: Any time, Val! Glad you appreciate the comment. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

joycechitwa wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 02:04
ValBookReviews wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:51 Thank you, Joyce, for stopping by! Great point! Your reply is absolutely spotted as an addendum. :)
:text-welcomeconfetti: Any time, Val! Glad you appreciate the comment. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Indeed I did! Thanks again! :tiphat:
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the great review. What a great idea to start helping children at such an early age and being able to teach them to have peace in their life.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

You wrote a good review. I appreciate a good book on peace for children, too. I like that the book uses colorful illustrations and happy songs, and encourages children to look around them to see peace, as well as within themselves.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”