Review by KaitlynMLane -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KaitlynMLane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlynmlane.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review by KaitlynMLane -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KaitlynMLane »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The rain hindered all awaiting the wedding of Peter Preston and Aunt Bella from leaving the mansion. Anna Simmons and Rafe Brown had no choice but to wait until events kicked off to implement their plan. Both Anna and Rafe knew of the life Aunt Bella would live if she married Peter Preston. Their plan was to stop the wedding and save Aunt Bella from any possible wrongdoings. The night before the wedding Anna, Rafe, and Suzi go forward with their plan and are successful in stopping the wedding. Although they won this part of the fight, the battle between them, the Preston men, and Eric Dayton are still raging on. Will they be able to stop the forces that are trying to tear them apart and focus on one another?

Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing takes readers on the journey of Anna and Rafe, who fight for the love that they both long for and justice for their past. H.M. Irwing brings the final chapter of Anna and Rafe to a wonderful close. Irwing provides many twists and turns that leaves the reader wanting more. I really liked the storyline and how this book was consistent with the rest of the books in the Bad Boy Vibes series. By the end of this last book, I found a great connection with the characters and sympathize with them during their journey. Irwing brings an amazing connection between the readers and the characters by making the words on each page come to life.

There were some grammatical errors throughout the book, but nothing serious that would ruin the overall story. I really enjoyed how the author was in-depth when describing each character and making them appear real. The ending like many other books was a happy one, but I love the little twist that created a deeper connection between Anna and her best friend Pat. The concept of creating deep connections is very important in the healing process for each character.

I believe this book would be good for those at least eighteen or older and of high maturity. Heartaches 3 includes sexual content that may not be appropriate for those of a younger age. I do believe that young adults would enjoy this series. I believe that those who read this book should have an open mind because of the controversial issues, like rape, that is examined through the lives of the characters.

I decided to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. As I said above, this final installment of Rafe and Anna was wonderfully executed and provided readers comfort in knowing they were able to overcome their horrendous past. Forgiveness, the act of moving on, and letting people in are important terms that describe the underlying meaning of this book. Each character struggled with these concepts in their own way, but in the end were able to rise above.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KaitlynMLane's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

A love story with a happy ending of the lovers finally overcoming their past horrors. This sounds interesting enough to capture eager minds keen on romance books. To keep things interesting, there author threw in themes of suspense and revenge, like when Anna and Rafe plot to stop the wedding between Bella and Peter. Thanks for this review!
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

This is my favorite book in the bad boy vibes series. It contained interesting twists, and I really enjoyed the ending.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”