Review by Kremena Boyanova -- Who Told You That You Were...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kremena Boyanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kremena-boyanova.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Kremena Boyanova -- Who Told You That You Were...

Post by Kremena Boyanova »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? is exactly what the title says, a book that refreshingly examines the story about the Garden of Eden, all the events that took part in this dreamy place and the characters every Cristian has heard of - Adam and Eve and their Almighty Creator.

The author, the retired Presbyterian Minister William E. Combs, in a very interesting and thought-provoking way starts narrating the old familiar story about how Adam and Eve fall from grace after eating from the tree of the Knowledge of good and bad. I particularly enjoyed the beginning, where he vividly describes Eden and the beautiful relationship that Adam enjoyed with God. It was intriguing to imagine life when Eve appears. All these idyllic descriptions gave me the feeling of how enormously big the loss was after their disobedience.
I like the way the author shows the awakening of Adam ‘s and Eve ‘s self-consciousness and because of this their feeling of nakedness. How dramatically the things between them changed and of course, between them and God!!!

The book analyzes where the sin came from and that everyone can fall in the worldly temptation and sin. Something, that provoked my mind was also the refreshing examination of the three kind of deaths and that the spiritual death, the one that separates us from God is the most painful and soul breaking.

There is n ‘t a good religious book for me if it doesn’t give hope and this book does exactly this- gives us hope, hope that there is salvation, and everyone can be saved. The author couldn’t ‘t not mention the only perfect man who lived between us and how he became our savior. He intriguingly examines the question about „is there a lot of faith “and „is there a little bit of faith “.

Who Told You That You Were Naked is the perfect Christian religious book for me. A part of exploring the most important concepts of the Bible, the book includes passages from the Bible itself, so the reader can examine and compare the Bible texts with the author ‘s thoughts and explanations. I like the part of the book with the Study Questions at the end of each chapter. Thanks to these questions you cannot miss a point, they make you think deeper and more profoundly.

The author gives quite a lot of interesting explanations that made me think: „Hum, I haven ‘t thought about that this way?! Interesting new point of view! “. Yes, I found some interesting new examinations of the old well-known Bible text, that provoked my mind. Although, I have to admit that I still have to think over and analyze some of the Minister Combs ‘s explanations, but that’s the attraction of the good Bible book, isn‘t it, it always makes you think and dive into the depts of the faith!

I find it very original to demonstrate the importance to put the Bible teachings into life, by including personal experiences and revelations. For me, this is how the author shows us that if we let God into our life and let Him guide our steps, things can really change and change for good.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to all the readers, searching for refreshment of their faith and for strengthening of their hope. Minister Combs, thank you for the wonderful book, I really needed it!

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kremena Boyanova's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

This book explores the Biblical book of Genesis, especially the part about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. It explores how sin got into the world and the concept of "nakedness". It's good to see that you enjoyed it and found Combs' explanations interesting, especially comparisons between the Bible and his writings, and also his vivid descriptions of the garden of Eden. Thanks for this!
Kremena Boyanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kremena-boyanova.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Kremena Boyanova »

Thank you for taking time to read my review! As a new member, I appreciate it a lot! I feel like I'm at the right place with the right people! I'm glad that you enjoyed the book as much as I did!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”