Review by Mo101788 -- A Little Lost A Little Found

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mo101788
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mo101788.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Review by Mo101788 -- A Little Lost A Little Found

Post by Mo101788 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Little Lost A Little Found" by HM Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Little Lost A Little Found by H.M. Irwing is a compelling story of love, family and misfortune. Lucy Little lives a comfortable life in Australia with her mom, dad and sisters and has just started a budding romance with her childhood best friend Jace when her world is tipped upside down. Lucy finds out that she has a twin brother who was kidnapped when they were infants and her real father is Knyte Starr, a famous singer in America. Lucy, aka Ara Starr, decides to travel to the United States to meet her dad and find out what happened to her twin brother, but before she goes Lucy needs to assess her newfound relationship with Jace. Jace has always been in love with Lucy Little, so when she finally hits the appropriate age Jace decides he’s ready to make her his girlfriend, but his family and friends have other plans. Follow Lucy and Jace on their wild journey of romance and heartache, and find out what happens when Lucy finally heads to America to meet her real dad in this electrifying novel.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book and the author did a splendid job with the descriptions, I was able to clearly visualize everyone and everything as I read. I adored the connection between Jace and Lucy but it was a constant cat and mouse game between the two of them and Jace’s friend Richard. Richard comes into play as one of the many people who doesn’t want Lucy and Jace together and he seems to be falling for Lucy too. The warped mindset of Jace’s family and friends was heart wrenching for me to read, I have been in that position and it’s not easy when people make you feel that you’re not good enough.

This story was unquestionably a page turner, I read all through the night to see what was going to happen to Jace and Lucy’s relationship and was continually being led to believe they were either going to break up or become intimate, which neither happened. I will be expecting one or the other in the sequel or I will be sorely disappointed.

The grammatical errors in this book were distracting but I overlooked them the best I could. The last chapter was my least favorite part of the book, the author veered off completely and at first I thought it was a section from a separate book. Once I realized I was reading about Lucy’s brother Blaze, I pieced together what was going on. I think the author could’ve stated Blaze’s name at the beginning of the chapter so we knew who we were reading about. This being said the second book in this series will have more information on the twin brother and the American side of the family which I am eager to read about.

I would rate A Little Lost A Little Found 3 out of 4 stars. This book had a vast amount of grammatical errors, but the storyline was wonderful. I am looking forward to the sequel; I can’t wait to find out what happens to Lucy and her brother and whether Jace decides to go get her in America. I would recommend this book to a young adult audience; it has the perfect mixture of romance and mischief without any inappropriate language or scenes.

A Little Lost A Little Found
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mo101788's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Nice review of this book which is a heart touching love story and family drama of a little girl Lucy. Intriguing to find that when she had smooth starting life, suddenly she discovers her father is a popular singer in America and also comes to know about her twin brother. This story should be interesting to read
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Personally, I found the language used by the kidnapper in the Prologue inappropriate for young adults. I thought it was a little crude.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”