Review by BethLawrence1 -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
BethLawrence1
2018 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading: How to be Champion
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethlawrence1.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Review by BethLawrence1 -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

Post by BethLawrence1 » 09 Aug 2018, 10:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mystery Of Flight 2222" by Thomas Neviaser.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mystery of Flight 2222 written by Thomas Neviaser is a suspense and action novel that is centred around the theme of karma. It follows the life of nine people who have all taken the USA Air Flight 2222 to Argentina.

The book starts off introducing two characters; Frank Mason and Helen Hampton who are both strangers but bond over Frank’s game where they take seven people and have to guess what their name is, as well as their occupation, marital status and personality. The story then escalates to the plane crashing and the seven strangers being the only survivors amongst Frank and Helen. The nine characters fight for survival throughout the book trying to avoid sharks, pirates and trafficking.

What I enjoyed about this book was the constant uncertainty of what will follow, the story never truly settles on one situation for a long time, as soon as you feel calm there will suddenly be a new situation thrown at the survivors. I was completely engrossed in this book from start to finish due to the action-packed nature of the story and the constant fear of “What is going to happen next?”

However, I didn’t like the explanation in the epilogue at the end, without giving too much away, I felt as though it was an easy way out of ending the story and the book could have ended nicely 2 pages before the end of the last chapter. But, I know that the ending was to fit with the theme of karma and that is why it was included.

Another thing I didn’t like, were the hints of sexism in some of the background stories. For example, Helen thought that her friend changed her name to Mel because it “sounded more like a man’s name,” and “gave her more confidence to do the job and keep tabs on employees.” This may just be some of Helen’s beliefs but I thought that they were unnecessary and didn’t add to the story line. Another example of this is where Kimberly’s uniform “Outlined her shapely body nicely.” This detail isn’t necessary towards the story and gives no detail to Kimberly other than the fact she has a sex appeal.

I spotted two grammatical errors in the whole book, the first is: “Man, I haven’t had these forever,” which sounds clumsy and awkward to improve this Neviaser should have written “Man, I haven’t had these for forever,”. The second example, is Frank saying “I’m gonna to get sick and need to go to the corridor.” This sentence doesn’t make sense and because of this the book has lost a star due to it not being professionally edited.

In conclusion, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because the story itself is very interesting and gripping which makes up for the fact that it contains a few errors and some strange undertones.  

The Mystery Of Flight 2222
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BethLawrence1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”