Review by DorcasToo -- Pastoring is not what you think

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Review by DorcasToo -- Pastoring is not what you think

Post by DorcasToo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pastoring is not what you think" by Elijah Oladimeji.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The title of this book, Our pastor has gone mad again, was among the first things that caught my eye and gave me every reason to go ahead and read it. When I saw the book was authored by a pastor, I expected a very serious read. Alas! I was surprised to find it jovial and full of wonderful laughable moments.

I compare Pastor Job to Job in the bible, and the author must have intended so. He goes through trials and temptations to test his faith. What really stands out is his unshakable and undoubtedly the indomitable character. His wife is on his case too. On this particular day, he's in his study doing his pastoral stuff when his wife walks in. He's apparently praying about a new truck he needs to buy yet, he doesn't want to. Instead, he opts to have faith and possess it in spirit; displaying it on his prayer board. As she walks in, she demands a new car for herself, claiming it's way overdue.

Mr. Reed, the landlord isn't giving him breathing space, as he expects church rent that is late by a month. Pastor Job is trusting God for a way to resolve the issue considering, he's totally out of wits. Everything is looking up to him for provision: from the kids, his wife, church members, and even strangers. He believes God is the supplier of every need and desire of his life. That his God is good and at his own appropriate time, he will come to the rescue of the righteous.

As a Pastor's daughter, I had mixed expectations as I read this book to find answers. Also, as a devoted Christian, I sought to know more about the madness the author is talking about. Our pastor has gone mad again met my expectations on so many levels and the best of it all it wasn't boring. Lots of dialogue are exhibited between the pastor and his members, wife, fellow clergy, congregants et cetera. The monologue is also incorporated in some places.

This book is a Christian fiction, but I love the factual element as it quotes the scriptures almost on every page. All the eleven chapters have content from the Bible. For every topic discussed, it is justified with the scriptures. This isn't a once in a while case, but throughout the book, you will get a correct quotation of verses according to the specific context. Strong truths and revelations come out in the book, that makes the reader glued. Pastor Elijah has done a good job of authoring this book. I found minimal errors and therefore rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The research done befits a pastor, and the writing is perfect. I recommend this book to all lovers of Christian fiction and anyone interested in Christian literature.

Pastoring is not what you think
View: on Bookshelves

Like DorcasToo's review? Post a comment saying so!
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

Good appraisal of a Pastor struggling to manifest his faith.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Very well said
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I agree with your views about this book.What I didn't really like was the way they made a mockery of faith.Also the testimonies in this book are very encouraging. All the same, I enjoyed the book.Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”