Review by lesler -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by lesler -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by lesler »

[Following is a volunteer review of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo is the thrilling tale of a secret spy named Agent Sliver and his assigned missions to murder those who plan to harm the world. The book is set in a place called "New Detroit" in the 2040s and 2050s, making for a dystopian novel that hits too close to home in its storyline. Sliver has been trained and contracted to take apart the world's greatest problems, but the agent encounters some shocking news along one of his journeys, pivoting his previous loyalties to make him question every part of his life.

This book is an exciting adventure from start to finish. The writing was well-paced as well as emotionally charged. Sliver travels the world, and the imagery provided of these exotic locations is an added bonus. I especially enjoyed the role the ship computer played in the book, coming to save the day at the last second numerous times.

As I stated previously, this dystopian novel hit too close to home in some instances. This book is set mere decades into the future, and the world has been destroyed beyond comprehension in that time. The book is read as a science fiction novel but is realistic enough with the warnings we get every day with how we are causing our planet's destruction to give pause. I especially enjoyed the technical writing competency of the author. The beginning of the book set up the reader with how Agent Sliver starts each mission and painted a picture perfectly. This book was exciting enough to keep reading, but long enough at just under three-hundred pages that I was mad when I was forced to stop reading.

I enjoyed each one of the characters in this book. I not only connected strongly with Sliver and the ship computer, but a character named Fellrock grabbed my attention intently. Fellrock is the protagonist of the book, but there were many features and mannerisms about him that captivated me. The numerous interactions between Fellrock and Agent Sliver was a delightful treat that I enjoyed throughout the novel. There was a romance in the story that slightly took away from the main storyline, but not enough to distract greatly from the book.

I give World, Incorporated 4 out of 4 stars, for its excellent writing flow, interesting subject matter, and vivid imagery provided. I recommend this book for any mature reader (due to excessive graphic violence) looking for a new and fresh dystopian science-fiction novel set in the near future.

World, Incorporated
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
topshatter frankz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by topshatter frankz »

this book somehow predicts future, i like the character agent silver

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”