Review by Sushan -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Review by Sushan -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I cannot say that I haven’t read any romance. But all those that I read either had some science fiction part, a paranormal part or at least something which made them strange. Thus, this book, Heartaches 3 – Bad Boy Vibes by H M Irwing, can be named as my first ever normal, romantic fiction.

I was a bit hesitant when I was choosing this to read. But now I have finished the whole book so, I can confidently say it was not a wrong or a bad choice. My copy contained only 109 pages, which were divided into 11 chapters, in addition to the synopsis, prologue and the epilogue. Thus, it was a short and fast read.

This is the third book of the Heartaches trilogy. I really regret choosing to read the third book, without reading the first two, since it was quite difficult to understand what was actually going on in the story. I don’t say that this can’t be read as a stand-alone book, but still, my advice is to read the first two (which I am going to do) and come to this book.

Without spoiling your reading experience, I will briefly summarize the story as follows. Anna and Rafe, along with their friends, let the bad guys have what they deserved. And about the good guys, at the end, we can say, “They lived happily ever after”. In addition, I would like to mention that, the ordinary romance became a bit action packed at the end. Anyway, everything in this fiction was made realistic in every aspect.

The story depicts various types of heart-aches through which people undergo throughout their lives. Some are normal to most of us, and some are experienced only by a small number of people. However, the author has done a great job, describing how people act in various situations, in various aspects. Dealing with human emotions and interactions is not a simple task, but I would like to say H M Irwing has succeeded in that.

There are two more things that I would like to mention, among many other good things about the book. One is the parallel description of same situation in views of various characters. For example, the trap which was played initially by Anna and Suzi on Prestons, was shown once in Anna’s view and then in Suzi’s view. The things that each character can know while the other can’t were clearly demarcated, making the story much realistic.

Other thing is the fast phase and the quick shifting in between scenes. When going from one chapter to the next, the story has jumped several steps, skipping some steps in between. Some might say this makes the story hard to grasp, but I liked skipping unnecessary details and still keeping the story line, uninterrupted.

The book was professionally proof read. So, I found a very few number of mistakes, which did not harm the flow of reading.

Anyway, I cannot give this book a 4 star rating. My rating is a bit subjective, but I think the book should have made some more stand-alone. There were some characters which I knew only by the name and there were some motives which I did not understand. Adding a synopsis and a prologue was a great idea, and it helped me to get an idea about the past story a bit. So, I was not in complete darkness.

Having said that, I give this a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I would like to recommend this to anyone who loves romance. However, because of the sex scenes, this is not a very good book for younger teenagers.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sushan's review? Post a comment saying so!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Nice review but I don't like love stories. So I'll pass this book.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Sunnyroyish wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 02:44 Nice review but I don't like love stories. So I'll pass this book.
Thanks for the kind reply :tiphat:

- Bill Gates -

Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I've read and reviewed the 3 books in this series, and Heartaches 3 is my favorite. It came with much less erotic scenes and more focus on Rafe and Anna's revenge mission, which I liked. The books in the series are a continuation from where the previous finished off, so I can imagine how hard it would have been for you to catch up. Nice review.
Sushan Ekanayake

prospero360 wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 04:47 I've read and reviewed the 3 books in this series, and Heartaches 3 is my favorite. It came with much less erotic scenes and more focus on Rafe and Anna's revenge mission, which I liked. The books in the series are a continuation from where the previous finished off, so I can imagine how hard it would have been for you to catch up. Nice review.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are correct. This book is the direct continuation of 2nd book. So, currently I am reading that to complete the gaps. It is my pleasure that you enjoyed my review

- Bill Gates -

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”