Review by Dahmy 10 -- A Little Lost A Little Found

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Review by Dahmy 10 -- A Little Lost A Little Found

Post by Dahmy 10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Little Lost A Little Found" by HM Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Little Lost A Little Found is a contemporary romantic novel written by H. M. Irwing. As usual, Irwing has done a wonderful job in creating a romantic tale of two lovelies who started out as amazing best friends. These two had always been in love since Lucy’s mid-teenage years, but never got to express it until her teenage years were about expiring. The main reason being Jace who happened to be a philanderer, and Lucy’s ladylike nature of obfuscating her intense feelings.

Irwing shows his witty skills in story-telling by beginning with a thrilling plot. The opening shows Stacy Shubert plotting with her lover to kidnap one of the twins of her twin sister, Mary Shubert. This act was one of vengeance due to Knyte marrying Mary instead of her. After this opening, the story of Jace protecting an eight-year-old Lucy Little from her bullies comes into light. From here, we become acquainted with the intense friendship between Lucy and Jace. We also get to meet the Littles – Mr. Patrick, Mrs. Mary, Emily and Catherine (Lucy’s younger siblings who happen to be twins). One would accurately guess that Lucy Little was one of the twins at the opening of the story. But what was perfectly shrouded by this sensational author is whether she was the stolen one or the one left with her family – this got me so interested.

In continuation, we get to read about Emily falling head over heels for Jace who wasn’t interested in her. At last, approaching midpoint, the pace of this interesting novel climaxes into Jace and Lucy admitting the love they always had for each other, but love is never an easy venture. Jace’s parents had already pledged to ensure their son marries Celine Reeves, in case they couldn’t repay the debt given to them by multi-billionaire Richard Reeves. Richard, who happens to be Jace’s best friend, also contends for Lucy’s love. Aside from these challenges, Lucy has to be there for Catherine who has gotten herself immersed in a major mess. The last but definitely not the least is the never-seen treasure Lucy must recover if her life must assume a perfect shape. How does she overcome all of these overwhelming challenges?

I have a certain admiration for Irwing’s style of writing. He knows how to detail his story to keep one’s suspense very well alive. The introduction of his characters started out fuzzy, but as the reader gets to flip pages, their identity becomes clearer. The characters were quite consistent and very easy to relate with. Jace is one who has an awesome aura, fascinating looks and a sagacious approach to matters, so being a flirt came in handy. Being able to keep Lucy as his best friend despite being a casanova proved how much of a sympathetic sage he is. The character of Emily was also very easy to relate with, and her outspoken and flirtatious attributes was also consistent throughout the book. Catherine who was her identical twin was dissimilar in character – which I found very interesting and quite realistic. The major twist that occurred with Catherine was the climax of the suspense of this novel. Not in my widest imagination would I have thought it would be the nerdy, introverted Catherine doing what she did (instead of Emily). I opened my mouth in amazement when I hit that part of this book – read this novel to know what the twist is about.

The only issue I had with the characters was with that of Celine. Celine, just like any other lady liked Jace, but I didn’t see her giving Lucy any hard time. That got me confused knowing what extent ladies would go to exhibit their jealousy. Apart from this, the major issues I had with this novel were its numerous grammatical errors. I don’t think it was edited at all. There is no way it would have been edited and still contain such amount of annoying errors – I literally lost count. The story seemed to drag after its midpoint. Issues like Jace’s concealed love for Lucy, and the twist with Catherine were repeated out of proportion. One last issue I noted is the absence of a time frame within which this story occurred. I think this would have put the story into proper perspective.

I would have rated it 2 out of 4 stars due to its many unnecessary details and numerous errors of diverse kinds, but I feel that rating would dampen the brilliance of its plot, and I don’t think that would be fair at all. So, I rate this novel 3 out of 4 stars. Pick up this book only if you love romance, and if you’re not too sensitive to unnecessary details and reoccurrence of typos. Thanks for your esteemed attention.

A Little Lost A Little Found
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dahmy 10's review? Post a comment saying so!
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

As usual, Irwing has done a wonderful job in creating a romantic tale of two lovelies who started out as amazing best friends. These two had always been in love since Lucy’s mid-teenage years, but never got to express it until her teenage years were about expiring. The main reason being Jace who happened to be a philanderer, and Lucy’s ladylike nature of obfuscating her intense feelings.
It is true. Irwing never frustrates. Thanks for this review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

HM Irving's "A Little Lost A Little Found" sounds like a great romance novel with good character development. I am also glad to hear that the author masterfully kept the reader's interest by starting the story with a little mystery.

I have not read this book yet; however, I would like to respectfully disagree with your analysis of Celine. Although every person is capable of feeling jealousy, every woman is not the same; and therefore, each woman is capable of different actions.

Celine appears to be a mature lady. Although her love is unrequited, Celine probably concluded that Jace's love is not easily attainable with petty tricks against Lucy. As a result, Celine decides to be selfless; she chooses Jace's happiness over his misery.

Although we have differing opinions about Celine, I thank you for your review! :)
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Once in a while, we come across a novel that promises to be just pure fun and we deserve to dig into this kind of book for its mischief and drama. The plot seems to be like those of daytime soaps -- jealousy, kidnapping, a love triangle, betrayal. Reading the plot and sample on Amazon, it appears to be like the steamy paperbacks from the '80s. The lead characters are impossibly gorgeous and there's a lot of backstabbing and catfights. People who want to de-stress will enjoy this.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

After reading this review I am somewhat confused, I thought that Lucy was the twin left behind by the kidnappers from the beginning. An interesting plotline, but the grammatical and spelling mistakes are so frequent that I felt they were a distraction from the story. I think I'll pass on this one due to the bad editing.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”