Review by Momiji1987 -- If life stinks get your head out...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Review by Momiji1987 -- If life stinks get your head out...

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s by Mark L. Wdowiak is described as a no-nonsense guide to happiness and success. The author shares his lifetime of lessons and mistakes with you in the hopes that you can bypass destructive habits and program yourself to achieve all of your dreams and potential.

I really enjoyed this book, and I can’t say I disagree with any advice the author gave. Mark imparts his wisdom and advice in a caring, almost fatherly way. His tone waxes from lighthearted and humorous, to bluntly factual. He’s sensitive in his delivery but doesn’t coddle. If you have a destructive habit or behavior, he lets you know; furthermore, he’ll tell you exactly what to do to overcome it. His writing isn’t exactly eloquent, but he gets his point across effectively in an easy to read, entertaining manner.

I would like to say this book is automatically beneficial to everyone, but for me personally, it took a while to get to something I could actually apply to my life. Unfortunately, the first 40% of the book spoke about things I’ve already gone through and learned myself, so it wasn’t much help to read it after the fact. However, I completely agree with the lessons he attempts to impart. I actually wish I could have read this book when I was in my teens and early twenties because those were the years when I was going through what the author describes.

After that point, the author moves on to more generalized advice for people who have some mistakes under their belt and are trying to move beyond them to the other side. I began to enjoy the book much more because I could apply his advice to myself and see ways I could improve and get out of some of the ruts I’ve dug. I think the most helpful takeaway I learned was the analogy he gave about helping yourself first before you help others. I’ll definitely be thinking about that one from now on.

Overall, the book looks professionally edited. However, I did notice a few places the editor missed. There are some punctuation issues and spelling errors. There are also some missing words and other minor mistakes. Fortunately, these errors are few and far between. Proofreading could vastly improve the book’s appearance, but overall, legibility is good.

I enjoyed reading this book, and I eventually did get something out of it. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I think the people who would get the most benefit from the lessons inside are teens and very young adults who haven’t had a chance to make the same mistakes. Still, people who are older could probably learn something new if they’re patient enough to stick with it.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momiji1987's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. It was as frank yet honest, sensitive yet not cuddly, subjective yet with enough objective supporting reasons as the piece. I wasn't a fan of the book's title but practical and helpful pieces of thoughts that work is something positive.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
prhyme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prhyme.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by prhyme »

Usually I am not too thrilled about self help books. However, it seems like a good read.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I love the title. I've seen this book before but I don't have a Kindle. I haven't had much use for self-help books but this one sounds like it could be fun to read. Awesome review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

No, It's a valuable book. We all need such books. I personally like such books. I am glad to hear that the book is formatted well. Thanks for your honest review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 00:25 I love the title. I've seen this book before but I don't have a Kindle. I haven't had much use for self-help books but this one sounds like it could be fun to read. Awesome review!
You should download the Kindle app! That way you can read Kindle books like me. That’s how I do it on my IPad. :D
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I'm glad this book helped you in some way, but I don't like non-fiction books to tell me how to live my life - I like to do it in my own way, making mistakes and learning from them :) Thank you for your insightful review!
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I can fully agree with the helping yourself first idea. It's like when you fly, and they say if the oxygen mask drops to put yours on before assisting others...because you won't be much help otherwise. Thanks for your review!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

The title made me laugh. I like the author's thinking and approach for this self-help book. Most are usually repeats of the last, so it's rare to come across one that's genuine. Based off your review, this is definitely worth the read. Thanks!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A self-help book to to happiness and success sounds uplifting. It is good of the author to share his share his lessons and program to help others. Too bad the the editor missed a few errors. Not for me, but I am glad you found the book beneficial. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

The title is something to remember, but i'm afraid non fiction books has never been my thing, though i think this book is important and a lead to happiness i can only recommend and purchase it
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

The title and the cover are captivating. This book could motivate and inspire a lot of people who experiencing some struggles in life. Congrats to the author. Thank you for this review.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

Thank you for the great review. I like the fact that this is a practical approach to self-help. It's great that the author is straightforward and direct. I believe everyone can gain something from reading this book.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

What an intriguing title for a book! I like the crawling- walking-running approach. Thanks for the insightful review.
Nephyz+254
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nephyz-254.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nephyz+254 »

"...no-nonsense guide to happiness and success." this sound very interesting. I like it that the author shares his lifetime of lessons and mistakes with his readers with an aim to subvert their destructive habits so that they can achieve all of their dreams and potential. thanks for this review. I think this a worthy book. I'll get my copy.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”