Review by Abigail R -- Becoming the Dragon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Re: Review by abigailray1013 -- Becoming the Dragon

Post by Abigail R »

LennyDots wrote: โ†‘07 Aug 2018, 12:02 Never mind about the pink thing. It's gone now, must have been something on my end.
Hah, I think if you use the search bar in a forum, the words you used get highlighted in pink. Perhaps this is why?
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I have read this book. It is pure fantasy, full of dragons โ˜บ. You are right that there is no strong female character. I really enjoyed your review. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘10 Aug 2018, 10:25 I have read this book. It is pure fantasy, full of dragons โ˜บ. You are right that there is no strong female character. I really enjoyed your review. Thanks for this great review.
Thanks for your comment. Yes, if someone likes dragons they will certainly enjoy this!
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I like the concept of a teenage boy now being able to play video games! I like your review..despite the shortcomings it sounds as if the author has a fabulous imagination.
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

Julie Green wrote: โ†‘12 Aug 2018, 06:16 I like the concept of a teenage boy now being able to play video games! I like your review..despite the shortcomings it sounds as if the author has a fabulous imagination.
The other has a wonderful imagination and has created an incredible new world. He just needs a little work on his execution!
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

The part about him transforming into a dragon is quite interesting.I appreciate creative authors a lot. Thanks for the review.
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

Nma26 wrote: โ†‘21 Aug 2018, 11:29 The part about him transforming into a dragon is quite interesting.I appreciate creative authors a lot. Thanks for the review.
The process of his transformation was fascinating! Thank you for your comment!
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

I was immediately drawn to the cover art on this book. Your summary sounded so interesting and intriguing, but it's really unfortunate that the author's writing style became confusing. I don't want to read a book that's heavy on new creatures and terms either. Thank you so much for your thoughts.
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

sharkyjen998 wrote: โ†‘02 Sep 2018, 15:31 I was immediately drawn to the cover art on this book. Your summary sounded so interesting and intriguing, but it's really unfortunate that the author's writing style became confusing. I don't want to read a book that's heavy on new creatures and terms either. Thank you so much for your thoughts.
Thanks for your comment. This book certainly has a wonderful new world with a ton of excitement but the execution of it could have been much better!
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: โ†‘02 Sep 2018, 16:04 I read the book, completed the review and also read the review written by the following reviewer of the book " Becoming the Dragon" in which Andy reaches the level of life where he thinks about his survival, but his return is seemed not to happen now. Andy needs language abilities when he is traveling on an epic adventure for the training of becoming a dragon from a human being. All the fantastic creatures are made part of this imaginative world described in the book which are required to complete the fantasy world story by Sapegin.
Thank you for you comment! I will check out your review as well!
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Abigail R wrote: โ†‘17 Sep 2018, 13:07
Fozia-Bajwa wrote: โ†‘02 Sep 2018, 16:04 I read the book, completed the review and also read the review written by the following reviewer of the book " Becoming the Dragon" in which Andy reaches the level of life where he thinks about his survival, but his return is seemed not to happen now. Andy needs language abilities when he is traveling on an epic adventure for the training of becoming a dragon from a human being. All the fantastic creatures are made part of this imaginative world described in the book which are required to complete the fantasy world story by Sapegin.
Thank you for you comment! I will check out your review as well!
Welcome,
It will be your obligations to me.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I'd love to understand how a human being becomes a dragon and understand more about this new magic world.
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

Oulababe wrote: โ†‘18 Sep 2018, 07:13 I'd love to understand how a human being becomes a dragon and understand more about this new magic world.
If you appreciate dragons and magical new worlds I do believe you'd love this one! Check it out!
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Agree with you 100%! This book threw way too much at you. You didn't know what was important or not as the story jumped all over the place. I realized by the end that most of what I read wasn't really important. He does have a great imagination, but the story was very confusing. Thanks for the great review!
Abigail R

Post by Abigail R »

jcoad wrote: โ†‘25 Sep 2018, 20:45 Agree with you 100%! This book threw way too much at you. You didn't know what was important or not as the story jumped all over the place. I realized by the end that most of what I read wasn't really important. He does have a great imagination, but the story was very confusing. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for your comment. I tried to keep in mind the fact that it was translated, but even still there was just too much extra!

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€