Review by garima597 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
garima597
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by garima597 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 » 02 Aug 2018, 11:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway is a young adult sci-fi thriller written by Alex Fayman. It is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy series. It is a story of an eighteen-year-old boy, Alex Fine who discovers that he can travel through the optical passageways. His ability gives him an extraordinary power to manipulate the online data and to travel to any corner of the world. He has twice as much power as an expert hacker in this world. This discovery changes his entire life. Before his discovery, he doesn’t have a dollar to his name while a month later; he has been planning to buy an entire Island.

Alex becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by using his power to help others. He uses his newfound ability to steal from Dutch and Russian gangsters. He transfers this money into his own account. He opens trust funds which he uses to help others. Despite his good intentions, he makes many mistakes which leads to severe consequences. Through the end of the book, he discovers the shocking truth about his parents which change the course of his life.

The plot of the story is different and interesting. It gives a nice message that if we have the power to help others, then we should do it without having second thoughts. The chapters are short and easy to read. The book ends with an interesting cliffhanger which piques our interest to know the full story.

At the beginning of the book, the author describes Alex as a smart and brilliant young guy, yet I find him irresponsible and immature. He is the hero of the book, but he sometimes acts like a villain. Sometimes, his actions have a lot of negative effect on the surrounding people. Due to its unique concept, I have been expecting a more exciting and thrilling story, but it is boring in more than one part of the book. The execution of the story is not proper. I think the journey of Alex around optical passageways can be more adventurous and thrilling.

I rate this book 2 out of 4. It can use a professional editor as its editing is poor. I give it 2 stars because of its unique plot and unique storyline. I recommend this book to all the readers who like to read about a new unique plot in the sci-fi genre. There are drug and alcohol scenes, so it is definitely not for kids.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like garima597's review? Post a comment saying so!
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:

Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Red - Bastard Child by David Valley
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader » 04 Aug 2018, 12:25

I read and reviewed this one too and felt pretty much the same as you did. Alex was such a self-absorbed jerk! And it's hard to really appreciate a story with an unsympathetic "hero." Nice review.

(remove be mod)

garima597
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 » 04 Aug 2018, 23:06

Dael Reader wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 12:25
I read and reviewed this one too and felt pretty much the same as you did. Alex was such a self-absorbed jerk! And it's hard to really appreciate a story with an unsympathetic "hero." Nice review.
Thank you for your comment, and I am glad you agree with me
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”