Review by kelvinmwaniki17 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by kelvinmwaniki17 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

SUPERHIGHWAY BY ALEX FEYMAN
REVIEW BY KELVIN MWANIKI
When I read this book it reminded me a lot of the classic tale story of Robin Hood which was one of my favorites when I was growing up. This story is about an 18-year-old boy called Alex fine who has somehow acquired the ability to go to the internet via a computer’s power source. This new found ability of his opens up a new realm of possibilities for him which enables him to accomplish all of his goals and desires which also happen to include his desire to help those in need. He is able to accomplish this by stealing from rich and corrupt individuals who get their money through bending the rules. This eventually leads him to clash with the Russian mob who were able to discover about his abilities and that he was responsible for stealing their money which they want back.

I have to say that I really liked this book it was really interesting to read and Alex’s superpower really piqued my interest. I liked how the author of the book was able to show us a whole new virtual world and also the author was able to show the audience the dangers and significance of the internet. I also found the book’s storyline was quite intriguing and managed to keep me amused throughout the entire book.

I also found the plot of the story was well done and also the characters in the story were very interesting. I also liked how the plot of this story was easy to read and understand. Most of the science fiction books I read are always so complex and difficult to understand, not to mention they use a lot of words that are not easily understood by the audience. I honestly did not expect this book to be this entertaining but this book really surpassed my expectations and turned out to be quite enjoyable and fun to read.

As much as I enjoyed the book I found that there were a couple of drawbacks to this book. I found that this story didn’t have that much excitement and drama. I also thought the title of the book was a bit dull and did not convey what the story is all about. I also felt that the title lacked the appeal needed to attract readers to this book. I also found that there were a couple of minor editing errors in the book but they did not seem to affect the flow of the book.

After reading this book I would have to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Even if I found this book to be quite interesting and enjoyable I wouldn’t say that this is one of the best books I have read. This book really didn’t satisfy my appetite for excitement and drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat, trying to guess what’s going to happen next and honestly, that made the book a bit dull for me. All in the entire book wasn’t that bad and even though I did not think much of it at first the book got more interesting as the story went along.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like kelvinmwaniki17's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I read and reviewed this one too and had a somewhat different reaction. I thought Alex was a self-absorbed jerk. It's a bit difficult to enjoy a book when you have absolutely no sympathy for the "hero." But I enjoyed reading your review. It's good to read a different take on things.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Dael Reader wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 09:11 I read and reviewed this one too and had a somewhat different reaction. I thought Alex was a self-absorbed jerk. It's a bit difficult to enjoy a book when you have absolutely no sympathy for the "hero." But I enjoyed reading your review. It's good to read a different take on things. (Here's mine. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74312)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”