Review by CheyenneR -- If life stinks get your head outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Review by CheyenneR -- If life stinks get your head outt...

Post by CheyenneR »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If life stinks, get your head out of your but's: A no-nonsense guide to happiness and success by Mark L. Wdowiak is a self-help book that takes the tough love approach in helping you figure out why you aren't where you want to be in life and teaches you the easiest way to get there. The entire self-help guide is focused on explaining to you how you can change your thinking, habits and, lifestyle to become the person you have always wanted to be.

I'm always skeptical about self-help books, they just seem like such a cliché, but this book really blew me out of the water. Some of the things that Wdowiak says are simple and may seem obvious but until you have someone say them to you, you don’t really take them seriously. My favorite quote from the book is a great example of this. "There is a direct correlation between the types of people and activities you associate yourself with and the kind of results these influences will impose on your life." It's easy to think that being around negative or positive people will turn you into that type of person but the way it's written here made me stop and think about it. I even found myself using this quote to compare some of my associate's bad attitudes with my own.

Wdowiak also uses personal stories to help you understand what he is talking about. If you have a real-life story to compare with what he is explaining in the book, you have a much better understanding of how it might apply to your own life.

There are a few times when it seems the author is being repetitive, but he fixed that problem by taking whatever he is repeating and explaining it in a different way each time with different examples of how it applied to his life. I found that surprisingly refreshing. Reading something multiple times and having it explained simply yet differently each time show me that it can be used in various situations.

I was so enchanted and motivated by the writing style that, before I was even halfway through with the book, I started working on ways I could improve my own lifestyle. Now that I have finished the book, I find myself thinking back to certain chapters and using them for inspiration when I feel an opportunity coming my way and I need to capitalize on it.

I found this book to be extremely inspirational and because of that, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I did notice a few grammatical errors and even a missing word but that in no way took away from the reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who might need a push in the right direction regarding relationships, employment, or just general success. The author uses a tough love approach that doesn’t sugar coat anything so if you are easily offended I wouldn’t recommend this book. Then again, maybe that's exactly what you need to help you get yourself in gear and on the road to a better life.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CheyenneR's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

I certainly love a book that would help me on along the journey of life, any time! It's good that the author of this one uses his own personal experiences as examples on how to apply his concepts. So you know what he says actually worked for him, it's not just theory! Thank you for this!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”