Review by Chardonaedavis -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chardonaedavis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chardonaedavis.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Chardonaedavis -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Chardonaedavis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew DaVinci

I give this book a 4 out of 4-star review. This book deserves a full star review because of the suspense, the drama, the thrill, the romance, historical facts, and historical fiction. This book encompasses several styles and I believe is a book that pretty much anyone could read. I didn't get the impression that the writer wrote this for men or women, but really more for both sexes.

What I like the most about this book is that there were just enough historical facts inside the novel to really make you consider how History could have been affected by powerful families. I loved that there was enough thrill and drama to really keep pushing you to turn the next page. I read this book in three days and could barely put it down. What I didn't like was in the beginning it was a little hard to get into it because of the switching from past to present. I didn't feel like I knew the present character (Angela) well enough to understand what was going on or why we were discussing Renaissance era characters. I realized later through the book why we were introduced to both the present and the past characters in the manner that we were.

Could you imagine that one day you look at a piece of art from an era of time and suddenly you are hit with a case of déjà vu? Do you ever get a feeling of déjà vu but you know that you have never experienced that in your lifetime so how else would you have that feeling? Have you ever wondered if the possibility of reincarnation is possible?

Angela is an art intern at the Getty Museum and she focuses on the Renaissance Era specifically. She is working hard to keep her internship at the museum but she is up against a sexist pervert boss. She is trying to keep her boss happy but she isn't willing to give him what he seeks. Her mentor has suggested she meet with Alex Caine to assist in a job that he needs done. After meeting Caine, she is driven into this whole new adventure where she is having visions of people from the past. The visions feel so real that she can feel the emotions of the people she is being.

Caine and Angela start to feel this emotional pull between them. They can't understand why there is so much electricity between them. They try their hardest to fight against it because of the mystery of the missing wedding portrait. The longer they are together on this mission the harder it becomes to resist each other. Their adventure helps them realize how much they need and want to be in each other's lives.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Chardonaedavis's review? Post a comment saying so!
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

The Girl Who Knew DaVinci

I am on the process of reading this book and because i love drama,history and fiction and romance too i give the book 4 stars.

I love that there is enough thrill and drama to really keep me pushing to turn the next page. Will be back for more once am done, but i love what am reading.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

This book was the first one that I reviewed, and I enjoyed it well enough. I certainly wouldn't consider it "literature" by any means, but it was a fun and quick read. I only rated it a 2 (personal preference) but that won't deter me from reading future installments. I would love to see how the world develops and how the author grows.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”