Review by inmod -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by inmod -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by inmod »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pancake Money" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pancake Money is a thriller with a captivating storyline as a fascinating afternoon read.

Bobby Ress and his mentor, Pollo Latu, were two cops who were assigned in a man-slaughtering case in their precinct. Over the course of three days, three former priests were murdered, displayed in horrific manners and the police did not find any evidence for the case. With multiple murders within a week, Bobby and Pollo were racing against the clock to find the responsible person behind it as the murderers did not show any kind of stopping. Tragic incidents followed as a professor of Bobby and police acquaintances were killed in a battle near a rehabilitation facility and a young priest was kidnapped.

The strong bond between Bobby and Pollo could be seen throughout the story. Being his mentor, Pollo always had a dream of watching Bobby excel in his jobs. The relationship between the gang members was also depicted in the story, mainly portrayed by Ben, the head of Manga Kahu in New Zealand. He was portrayed as the evilest and cunning man by Bobby, but Ben stuck by his principles and knew his ways in the gang. Together they communicated to find the culprit behind the killings. The lecturer-student relationship between Bobby and his professor, Ann was also portrayed as her lectures and philosophical opinions helped him in decrypting the murder mysteries.

It is impressive that the storyline is easy to follow. The author perfectly introduced each event and character diligently. However, I did not find any relevance to the references at the end, but maybe the author may feel obliged to make the readers understand the story more. For me, this story is graphical. Better not reading while you are eating. Believe me, I've been there, I've done that.

As an avid reader of crime and thriller books, I enjoyed reading the book, but I was almost already can expect who the culprit and the motive behind the killing spree. However, praise to the author as he managed to expand the climax of the story in several chapters rather than dumping all of the motives and culprits together at one final paragraph. Minimal grammatical errors were found but it did not hinder me to finish the book. For that, I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating.

I would suggest Pancake Money for all the adult thrill-seeker and fans of mystery crime stories.

Pancake Money
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like inmod's review? Post a comment saying so!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I haven't made it to the kidnapping and murder of the professor. I can't wait to finish this book. At this point I still haven't quite found the motive yet.
Chelsea N. Hackett
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by inmod »

chelhack wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 16:50 I haven't made it to the kidnapping and murder of the professor. I can't wait to finish this book. At this point I still haven't quite found the motive yet.
Have you finished reading the book? How will you rate the book? :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”