Review by Carly-maricque -- If life stinks get your head...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carly-maricque
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-maricque.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Carly-maricque -- If life stinks get your head...

Post by Carly-maricque »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak is a straight-forward self-help book. The book is divided into three main areas of success. These areas of success are crawling, walking and running. Crawling is taking responsibility for yourself. Walking is taking control over your thinking and running is taking action on your behalf. The book is split up nicely and the chapters are short and sweet, which makes it an easy read. Each chapter includes “interesting facts” that are indeed interesting. There is also a space after every chapter to “initial here” in order to make yourself feel accountable for the information just read. This book focuses on strengths not weaknesses and how to control your thoughts positively because as the author states, “positive thinking is fuel for your life.” I believe this quote is extremely true.

One of the things I love most about this self-help book is that it doesn’t include religious beliefs. I am an avid reader of self-help books and majority of them are based on, or incorporate religion into their philosophies. Being nonreligious myself, this self-help book was a breath of fresh air and can be relatable to anyone, including nonreligious and religious people.

Another thing I like about this book was how blunt Wdowiak is. Some self-help books tend to sugar-coat or baby the reader, where this book does not! Wdowiak even states, “you are where you put yourself.” He is a firm believer in personal responsibility and uses some of his own personal experiences (but doesn’t overdo it) to help explain his beliefs.

Lastly, I also like all of Wdowiak philosophies. He makes a point about how you must be open to new thinking. For example, if you keep on doing the same thing over and over again you are going to keep getting the same results. Therefore, you need to be open to new thinking and change. You also need to keep on learning and gaining knowledge about people and places. If you do fail that’s fine because failure leads to learning opportunities and success is a byproduct of failure. Wdowiak thinks you should also hang out around successful people who you admire because according to him they will “rub off on you”

For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is a short and fast read. The author nicely organizes the chapters and is very straightforward for easy reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes self-help books or wants to learn more about how to be successful and live to their full potential.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Carly-maricque's review? Post a comment saying so!
BerryMerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BerryMerry »

Great review Carly! I just added this to my "want to read" shelf, mostly because of the cover, but wasn't sure about it. Reading your review definitely pushed me in that direction. Also, I love how you touched on how it doesn't incorporate religious beliefs as I am non-religious myself and also saw a pattern of "surprise christianity" in other books of this sort.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”