Review by amsula_2018 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by amsula_2018 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by amsula_2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches: Bad Boy Vibes by H.M. Irwing

Heartaches: Bad Boy Vibes is one of the three novels written by H.M. Irwing. It is an erotic novel, which would make your imagination active all throughout its 145 pages. Setting aside the erotic part of the story, it has good story to tell.

The story is about Anna Simmons who lost her father and despite consolation coming from people who came to the funeral, she cannot find any sadness in her heart. Thereafter, a man named Matt took an interest in her. He introduced her in sensations she has never felt before. She somehow found solace in the arms of Matt whom she thought she knows very well but she later found out that she is wrong. Her world turned upside down when Matt and his father and brother raped her. She should hate them but she hated herself more when she realizes that she enjoyed it. Her disgust in herself made her hid in the world until she met Rafe Brown. He promised to help her in her problems. Anna, holding on to that promise, confides that she was drugged and raped. Rafe believed her and made her feel that someone actually cares for her. He promised to help her file a case against the people who raped her but their efforts were inutile. As she unmasks all her secrets to a man she just met, she found out that he has secrets of his own. This thought made her wonder if a man with demons of his owns can actually help her recover from the mess she is in.

I appreciate the fact that the writer has a story to tell. At first, I thought I was only reading an erotic novel without substance in its story but as I read the book, I was proven wrong. I liked the argument that the story unravels. I have no idea what is the law on rape in the country of Australia, but the mere fact that you are drugged before you were raped makes your consent not complete and would fall under the category of forced. I think the author wants to enlighten some people concerning this matter, which I applaud greatly.

I also like the way the story of each character are described and the description on the emotions of the characters. I however dislike the punishment made by Rafe to Anna. I just find it inhumane.

I would rate this book a 2 out of 4 stars because it only rates fair in the storyline. I would recommend this book to all 18 years old and above because of the erotic scenes in the book that should not be read by minors.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amsula_2018's review? Post a comment saying so!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 14:11 I read the review of Heartaches 3 (A Little Lost A Little Found) by H.M. Irwing, written by Amsula.
I feel so sad to know that reviewer felt so deeply about the sexual assault of Anna. actually when a girl is caught to a victim of such exploitation in the absence of any help and support , what she should do? The first love of Anna was not base on sincerity so the disappointments lead to the further failure. How can she accommodate herself in such a situation? anyway I liked the love story of Anna and Rafe who both collectively made efforts to compete with the extreme situations of violence and tried to meet each other with the help of their supporters.
I just think that nobody should be treated in that manner. Everyone deserves to be loved and respected but the actions of Matt is really unforgivable.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Nice review. I enjoyed reading this book, but Anna's character came off as weak to me in a way. She grew stronger by the third book though.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

prospero360 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 05:53 Nice review. I enjoyed reading this book, but Anna's character came off as weak to me in a way. She grew stronger by the third book though.
Thanks for your feedback

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”