Review by dhomespot -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
dhomespot
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by dhomespot -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by dhomespot » 28 Jul 2018, 23:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami was an action/thriller book that I found difficult to put down. In fact, it was so hard to put down that I found myself staying up at night when I should have been in bed getting some sleep so that I could be ready for work the next day. This is not your ordinary book where there's a clear-cut good guy, bad guy situation. This book will show what happens when in the past and present meet.

Angela has started her dream job in an internship at the Getty Museum. Her life should be perfect at the moment; however, her boss is making unwanted advances toward her and she's having trouble sleeping at night because of vivid dreams that she can't decide if they are memories or nightmares. Life is about to take a dramatic turn. Some of these turns are for the better, some of them are for the worse. It is anybody's guess how it will all turn out.

Alex is an art detective who is in search of a rare Leonardo Da Vinci painting that is at the crux of the story line. When he first sees Angela she is in a trance in front of a painting. He finds out later that this is the woman that he has set up a meeting with to help find this rare artwork. Sparks fly as Angela and Alex realize that Angela is experiencing memories from a past life.

What I really liked about this book was that the author made sure that you were not just jerked into the past memory. It was expressed in a way that, as you read the story, you could actually visualize Angela getting pulled into the past. While there was a lot of action, the writing was smooth and easy flowing. I never got bored while reading it and it never felt like the story was rushed. The only issue I really had, was that we knew her boss’s bad intentions from the beginning .

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was better than I thought it was going to be and it was not filled with errors. In fact, I cannot recall catching an error while reading this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read this genre, and those, too, that just want to dip their toes into something new. If the ending is anything to go by, we will be seeing more of this couple, and I can’t wait. I am already hooked.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dhomespot's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck

sanjus
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus » 20 Aug 2018, 09:43

Nice review on this supernatural suspense story book which links the famous Da-Vinci code into the plot and making it exciting.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily

simple_reviewer_girl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simple-reviewer-girl.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by simple_reviewer_girl » 22 Aug 2018, 11:10

I have been eyeing this book for a while now but wasn't entirely sure I would like it. After reading your review however, I think I might just actually start reading it. I really like the way you worded your thoughts and opinions about the book, without giving anything away. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”