Review by Garden3 L4ke -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Garden3 L4ke
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garden3-l4ke.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Garden3 L4ke -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Garden3 L4ke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew DaVinci by Belle Ami is a well-written book in the way that it caught my attention and held it throughout the entire story. The author's main characters, from the present, are creatively written and believable because I could see what they saw and did from her descriptive words. Her characters from the past I could picture because like her main character, Angela, I also have a fondness for the Renaissance Period. As each new character was introduced I could believe the story the author created for them and wanted to read more.

The author takes you on a trip through time, from the 1940's, into the current year of 2018, and way back into the 1400's, in any easy-to-follow fashion so your attention is kept without losing the concept she's trying to portray. This is one of the things that I liked about the book. I've read quite a few historical novels that jump different timelines and some were difficult to follow and remember where I left off with each transition. Ms. Ami's jumps are short enough where I found myself anticipating the next one.

I really didn't dislike anything about the book but if I had to choose something it would be the multitude of Italian place names. Not knowing where anything is in Italy it was a little difficult to follow where the main characters, Angela and Alex, were going until they arrived at their destinations. Even though there was one (noticeable to me) error it wasn't enough to distract me from the story for long.

I appreciated the author's subtle sense of humor noted through her characters which made them even more believable and relate-able. She made them sound like people I would like to know and to travel with.

I loved the plot line of this book with its twists and turns from the beginning to the end, which is why I have to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is definitely right up there with Dan Brown's style and genre. Because of the explicit sexual moments and the occasional violent suggestions, I would recommend this book to adults 18 on up who don't mind the romance and sensuality that is the undercurrent of the story.

The Girl Who Knew DaVinci is not a book for those who dislike historical romance works, which is what this is from the very first page. Although it is also a supernatural mystery you have to like history and art enough to truly appreciate the plot.

I highly recommend this book for those who adore historical romance with a side of the supernatural because Ms Ami definitely was able to convey this in her work. I plan to add this author to my list of author's to read.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Garden3 L4ke's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”