Review by topdan30 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by topdan30 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2-Bad Boy Vibes is a romantic novel by H. M Irwing. This is the second book in the Bad Boy Vibes series. Our lovers’ story continues from where it stops in book one of the series. Anna Simmons and Rafe Brown, both love and cherish each other, and find solace in each other’s arm. They are still been haunted by their horrible past which just could not leave them. Now, they are not just struggling against their nightmare, but also against their enemies who are now closer than ever. The two lovers are now determined to have a happy and fulfilled life.

In pursuit of this happiness, they will need to stop shying away from their past and face it with all they have got. The only chance they have at happiness is to put an end to their enemies the best way they can. Now they are out for vengeance. Only did they not know that their past is hell-bent on catching up with them in every way. Will they find their happiness? Will they succeed with their vengeance?

The book is about 152 pages and 13 chapters. The title gives a hint of what the book is all about. Not that it is filled with heartaches and no happiness but it illustrates more of the struggling of the lovers. The book contains a good set of events and words that flow gracefully. It has lovable plots and contains words that are quite understandable.

The book tries to bring to light many serious and reasonable topics in the society today like abuse, rape, PTSD, gay right just to name a few. Those topics were treated well within the stories and made me feel and connect with the characters. These topics included in the storyline made it a believable and relatable one. This book also highlights and illustrates the life and struggle of gay people especially when it comes to revealing their sexuality to the world and even their family.

The characters in Heartaches 2 were strongly developed with needed information to connect with them. New characters added into the book were done with precision and perfection, and they did not look lost in the story. There were instances where I felt pity for the lovers and their past.

I recommend this book to lovers of good romantic stories with drama. It has a suspenseful ending that will make you long for the concluding part. I rate this book Heartaches 2 4 out of 4 stars. This is because of a good and enjoyable storyline and perfect subplots.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Look like you enjoyed this book! The review is very precise and describes how the two lovers have to overcome their past demons and current enemies to find happiness. It also has a good story-line with a rich plot and no ambiguous characters. Sounds like it will be a treat for romance fans.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

joycechitwa wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 01:02 Look like you enjoyed this book! The review is very precise and describes how the two lovers have to overcome their past demons and current enemies to find happiness. It also has a good story-line with a rich plot and no ambiguous characters. Sounds like it will be a treat for romance fans.
Yes dear i really enjoyed it. happy u enjoyed the review.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

The reviews for this series are so interesting to me! It definitely does not seem like a book that I would enjoy but I am so glad to see so many people liking them. Maybe I will try to read it someday as it seems to be that these are well-written books!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

topdan30 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 08:44 Yes dear i really enjoyed it. happy u enjoyed the review.
You're so welcome! Looking forward to read more from you! :tiphat:
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

abigailray1013 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 09:52 The reviews for this series are so interesting to me! It definitely does not seem like a book that I would enjoy but I am so glad to see so many people liking them. Maybe I will try to read it someday as it seems to be that these are well-written books!
Good you enjoyed the review of the series, its an indication you may like the book. I love the use of "someday" guess that may be soon.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

GREAT REVIEW!!!!
I agree with the author did a great job with broaching the topics such which are difficult to discuss and or speak/write about with there being so much diversity surrounding these issues.
Chelsea N. Hackett
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Looks like a story with a rich plot. Can I read it without reading the previous series?
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

I'm usually not a fan of romance novels, but I do appreciate your review of this book. I can understand how hard it is to face your past, so I feel like I can relate to these characters based on your review. Thanks for your comments.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read and written the review of Heartaches 2 by I.M Irwing. Anna Walters-Simmons acts as protagonist character in the story who suffered from cruelty, rapist and remorseless behaviors from her closely linked people. She is passing from a very poor condition full of grief but also trying to come back to its normal position with the desire of vengeance. Raphael Russo Brown, often called Rafe is the boyfriend of Anna and remains with in all of the difficulties suffered by her because all the conditions had also been suffered by him. The erroneous and disturbed mental conditions of both members bring them to a unity and match. Thanks for your great review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I just got done reading this book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. There were some parts that I liked and some that I didn't. Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

I've read it as well, and although I felt that the characters are well developed and strong I did find a lot of things that I didn't like. There were grammatical errors as well(at least in the copy I was given). But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”