Review by k2kelliher -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
k2kelliher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2kelliher.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Review by k2kelliher -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by k2kelliher »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have to begin this review by stating that I finished this book in less than a day. The Girl Who Know Da Vinci by Belle Ami was a delightful book that had me captivated from the first page to the last.

The story begins with Angela, an intern at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. Angela is trying to make a name for herself despite her boss who seems to have an unwanted interest in her and is making her life miserable. She is also not sleeping because she is having these vivid dreams about Leonardo da Vinci and his friend Fioretta Gorini.

Alex is an art detective. He was hired to find a missing da Vinci painting that no one is sure exists. Alex’s client is sure the painting exists because he has letters from his uncle during World War II talking about its existence. Alex realizes quickly that Angela could be useful to him in finding the painting and hires her to work for him. But their platonic relationship quickly turns into more.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci included the perfect amounts of historical fiction, mystery, romance, and thriller. It held you captivated by the love stories of three different couples set in three different times in history. Ami does a wonderful job keeping the book moving, at no point did I feel bored, and it picked up the pace very quickly. As opposed to a book that you have to force yourself through the first 50-100 pages.

This book really included all the things I like in a book. The historical aspects were very well researched and most of what the book talks about is documented in history. There were some elements of fantasy of the book that were fictional though. The book also spoke to the traveler in me. Angela gets whisked off her feet by a gorgeous man and gets to go all over Italy; staying in these beautiful homes and hotels. I can’t say that's every woman’s dream but definitely something I wouldn’t turn down.

The only thing that I could say against the book is that there was a bit too much fantasy. It wasn’t the fantasy itself that bothered me, but the fact that no one seemed to think that it was strange. Alex and Angela just took each other at their word when they were saying these unbelievable things were happening. It didn't bother me as the book went on, more so at the beginning of the book when it was first happening and they didn't know each other. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars overall. The minor flaws I found with the book were not enough to take a star away. It really was an awesome book.

This book is advertised as the first in a series, and I definitely plan on reading any future books in the series.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like k2kelliher's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”