Review by Eileen R -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Review by Eileen R -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Eileen R »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole narrates the story of the characters Abigail and Haatim. As readers, we accompany them on a thrilling adventure, all the way from Arizona to a small town called Raven’s Peak. The book introduces us to Haatim, a theology graduate and blogger, who has lost his faith in God after the death of his sixteen-year-old sister. We are then introduced to Abigail, a hunter who forces demons back to hell. Haatim’s whole world order is turned on its head when he is hired by a complete stranger to take pictures of Abigail. As he does this he stumbles upon a mysterious world which normal human beings never get to see. Abigail ends up saving him from a cult that has dealings with demons.

We also find out that Abigail is on a mission to find her mentor Arthur who was taken by a demon while liberating her. Meantime, Abigail is handed an assignment by her organization to find out what is going on in a small town called Raven’s Peak. Thus, we undertake our journey into this thrilling adventure.

I was spellbound by the story the entire time I was devouring it. It is an action-packed paranormal thriller that takes us on a wild ride. The story is written with the main characters as the underdog. Abigail not only has to be wary of demons but also of her own organization as she has become a pariah. Haatim, on the other hand, is a clueless young blogger who has lost motivation and finds himself waist deep in trouble of the paranormal kind. He also ends up uncovering a family secret that rocks the foundations of his world. The whole story is also laced with dry wit which lightens the grim mood brought about by the gore.

There were a number of reasons why I deemed this an engaging read. I genuinely liked that it was filled with highly exciting and suspenseful fight scenes. I would read the book again just for these scenes. The characters were also deeply layered. There was consistently a grey area between good and evil when it came to them. From the prologue, we could tell that this was a story about good people, who have definitely done some bad things in their lives.

However, I was slightly disappointed by the sudden ending. I approached the end expecting a few more words only to find it empty. This gave me the uncomfortable feeling of eating a four-course meal only to find out that dessert is missing. Even though I was dissatisfied I decided to look at it differently. Where the story stops become an excellent point to start a sequel, as we are left with so many unanswered questions. What really happened to Abigail in the past? Who or what is Arthur? What is Haatim’s father hiding? These are merely some of the questions that I plan to find the answers to in the sequels.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it really delivers for a supernatural thriller. I also did not discover any dreadful editorial mistakes. I was also thoroughly immersed in the story and enjoyed it. Anyone who is a fan of at the supernatural will immensely enjoy this book. I would still recommend it to those who don’t like this genre because there is so much to enjoy in this book. It can be read for the thrilling action, character interaction or its description of the supernatural.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Eileen R's review? Post a comment saying so!
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Great review. I think this may be a book I will enjoy. I love supernatural novels. Will add to my to read list
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

Thanks for reading the review, I am glad you enjoyed reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”