Review by Jonida -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jonida
2018 Reading Goal: 32
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonida.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Review by Jonida -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jonida » 20 Jul 2018, 17:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mece Muse by Christine Lindor is a valuable book which brings to the reader the guide of becoming an excellent consultant. This book represents many personal experiences by people whom today shine in the field of consulting, the obstacles they have faced and how they have chosen this profession.

As a young consultant Christine faced a lot of difficulties and many times she had doubts if this was the right path for her, but her persistence, determination and patience has been stronger than all the obstacles. In this book she inflicts what she wishes somebody had directed her in the first years of her career and gives a lot of valuable, useful, necessary and important advices.

A great consultant should have many qualities: He should be together with the team, should listen and understand to all the members of the group, should be a problem solver, should have a positive attitude and what’s more important should always be there with the best solution for his customer, and so on and there are lot of advices in here on how one can have a change in the many hard steps of their career only by starting the change by himself. There are a lot of consultants out there, but few of them shine to do the work as it should be done, and very few resist to stay long on this profession, so this book is the best guide not only for the beginners but for every consultant who strives on how to make the best in what they do.

There are a lot of interviews with brave people who have managed to stay long in this industry and have even started their own companies. These people, as shown at the interviews have strived and many times have left to come back later on this difficult but so intriguing and intense profession. The interesting fact is that at the beginning they were all by chance on this road, they had another good and enjoyable work and they started as consultant with the idea of a short term job, but once they had to strive working for a client, to solve their problems, to bring the solutions on the table, they were unstoppable and this profession was already part of their life.

I enjoyed reading this book because it is full of strong advices not only for consultants. There are methods one should implement in their everyday life and profession. Techniques that have made people thrive even in the most difficult times at their jobs, the secret is one should learn and apply them till they are part of their life. There are a lot of orientations on how to build and keep a strong team, how to do your best at work, how to manage time and how to give your best on every situations. I had to read many pages twice, because there were similar situations I have faced in my job, and if I had read this book before I would have reacted differently. There was an expression which made me reflect: “Do what you say you are going to do, the way you said you are going to do it, and when you said you are going to do it.”

The only thing I would like to be different about this book is that the second part of it was dedicated to the interviews with successful consultants. There were the same questions going on to every interviewer, there were too many interviews and the answers were too similar. The author could had been short on these interviews, used the pages for more advices or could had broaden the range of the questions.

For this reason and for the fact that I picked some grammar errors I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to the people who are addicted to go further in their career and the ones who are always looking for ways of improving oneself.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Jonida's review? Post a comment saying so!

AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Letters From The War by Amanda Bryant
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles » 26 Jul 2018, 19:48

This book sounds interesting. But I don't think I would like the interviews in the second half. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

Jonida
2018 Reading Goal: 32
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonida.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jonida » 28 Jul 2018, 11:30

You are right dear, there were the same questions over and over... and it get's boring.

Dolor
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor » 04 Aug 2018, 07:36

An extensive guide to becoming an excellent consultant is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure I could learn valuable ideas from the advice and techniques that are shared in this book. I admire the author's effort in putting her minds in it. I hope she will listen to your advice to make improvements in the second part of this book. Thanks for your detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”