Review by Acwoolet -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading: Crown of souls
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
fav_author_id: 6216

Review by Acwoolet -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Acwoolet » 20 Jul 2018, 14:51

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you’re looking to be swept away into a world full of adventure, intrigue, and possible murder; all the while searching for a lost painting, only to stumble into romance, then The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is definitely the book for you. Be prepared to take a trip through time to witness all the lives that one painting can touch, just where it ends no one knows. Belle Ami will take you on an adventure that you have never been on before, leaving you gasping for breath and holding on for dear life.

When art historian Angela Renatus becomes haunted by dreams of Leonardo da Vinci painting a work of art, that as far as she knows has never existed, she decides to seek the truth. In her journey to discovering the truth she meets art detective Alex Caine, who shockingly has been hired to find that same painting. In their combined search for the lost art of Da Vinci, their lives begin to entwine in ways that were beyond their wildest imagination, putting them both in danger and forcing them to decide what is the most important thing in life.

I enjoyed this book very much, so much that I was able to finish it in just a couple of sittings. It was written in the first perspective, switching between characters, but was never confusing and was very clear as to whose thoughts we were hearing at the time. Angela and Alex’s characters had a great foundation, they were full and well-rounded, with any questions I had about them being answered. The secondary characters added plenty of flavor to the book and felt as if they were meant to be there.

There were a couple things about the story line that I had found a little odd, but without giving away any spoilers, I can’t go into much detail. However, the novel itself was very well written, there weren’t any obvious mistakes, and had the feel of a professionally edited book. All in all, it is definitely worth reading and I recommend it to anyone looking for a mystery wrapped together with a romance.

I feel as if The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. The narration flows beautifully, the dialogue fits each situation, sometimes fun and flirty, while other times being intense and strong. I had fun reading this book and hope to read more like it in the future.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Acwoolet's review? Post a comment saying so!

sanjus
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus » 11 Aug 2018, 04:06

Thanks you for nice review on this book about the girl who knew Da Vinci code which is filled with all the supernatural thrills and enjoyable to read
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”