Review by Natasha1991 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natasha1991
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha1991.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Review by Natasha1991 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Natasha1991 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Anna Simmons had a bad childhood growing up after loosing her father. Her stepfather was a bad person as well as his son. Anna has a boyfriend who she would do anything for until it turned for the worst, and she never thought she could get over it. Rafael Brown is a retuning soldier that was based in Syria with a troubling past himself, until he met Anna Simmons and found out that they have similar stories to tell.

I enjoyed the book. It has a lot of in depth detail of what happens in the story and with the characters, and I like how the characters have this love that will do anything for one another. The story is very active not only at the sexual sections but the story in general. I'm glad Rafe convinced Anna to go to military school with him, because that really is what helped her to cope with what had happed, and it ended up helping Rafe too.

What happened to Anna and Rafe is a very dark and scary situation, but they pulled through even though the Preston's are still hanging around. Even though the book is fiction it does have a meaning to it because in fact it can happen in reality, that even in the darkest times you need to trust somebody with your story to help you to get through it because you never know that you could be helping them with there situation if they have one.

Anna's friend Yasmin Yusuf, I don't know about her, she really put me off honestly she was one of those annoying friends that won't hesitate to backstab you if it means popularity for her, I'm glad she didn't last long in the book. I'm happy Anna found Pat he sounds to be a trust worthy honest friend.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the book was that, in the beginning it felt like it was dragging, I had to force myself to push through and I'm glad I did. :D There was some errors in the book, E.G page 4 line 10 that sentence looks like it needs to worded better, other than that just very minor things. I am looking forward to reading the sequels.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 because of the beginning being on the slow start and the minor errors in the book.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Natasha1991's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”