Review by ShaunaConstant -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShaunaConstant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaunaconstant.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by ShaunaConstant -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ShaunaConstant »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway follows Alex Fine on a crazy journey of self discovery. Alex learns that he is able to travel through the internet and manipulate the data that he encounters. He begins to think of himself as a “cyber Robin Hood” as he tries to help the less fortunate and bring the bad guys to justice. During his cyber travels he meets some people who help Alex unlock the secrets to his past.

The opening of the book throws the reader right into the action and gets you immediately interested in what is going on. I love books that start out with lots of action because I get hooked immediately and don’t want to stop reading. There is also a ton of description throughout this book which allows me to create a great mental picture of people and places that Alex is encountering. As for Alex himself, the author did a great job of creating an interesting character that I enjoyed watching grow through the experiences he lives through. He was the kind of character that I found myself cheering for, even though he was essentially stealing.

The only thing that I would say negatively about the book is that about halfway through the book I started to get a little bored. The book kind of slowed down some, but as I started to realize I was getting bored the author, Alex Fayman, did a great job with pulling me back into the book by picking up the story line again. He was so quick to turn the book around I wouldn’t even be able to mark that against him. Alex’s style of writing was also very easy for me to follow, especially since I did not come across any typos.

I think anyone who enjoys sci-fi/fantasy books would enjoy this book. There isn’t too much romance to turn off the non-romance readers and the little bit of romance in the book is very understated and not talked about for too long. The book also has a very strong feel good energy about it because of how optimistic Alex is; not to mention he goes out of his way to help everyone he runs into.

Because of everything that I stated above I would rate Superhighway as a 4 out of 4 stars. I have read many sci-fi/fantasy books about time travel or space travel and this is the first book I have come across with traveling is this way. It was very new and refreshing. I would recommend this to all of my friends who enjoy these types of books.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like ShaunaConstant's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”