Review by Misty Moss -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Misty Moss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty-moss.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Misty Moss -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Misty Moss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami is an extraordinary thriller leaving you wanting more and more from the main characters. The story centers around a missing Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece and a young woman who has continuous dreams and visions of past lives about the people involved in the disappearance.

The book opens with Sophia and Gerhard, 2 young lovers trying to escape the destruction caused by Hitler’s Army during WWII with what they believe to be a priceless work of art painted by Leonardo da Vinci. After being introduced to Sophia and Gerhard we then jump to present day and meet Angela Renatus , an intern at the Getty Art Museum who has mysterious psychic dreams concerning the young lovers from WWII.

Angela meets Alex Caine, an art detective hired by Gerhard’s nephew Max Jaeger, and with his help they began a quest concerning the missing da Vinci piece. It becomes a race to see who will find the painting; Angela and Alex or Angela’s slimy evil boss Dr. Alberto Scordato who will stop at nothing to ensure that he finds the painting first. Together Angela and Alex travel from Los Angeles California to Florence Italy using clues from her dreams to solve the mystery of the lost da Vinci painting.

I deeply enjoyed how the author was able to introduce the readers to Fioretta and Giuliano who were best friends with da Vinci during the Renaissance, Sophia and Gerhard during WWII and Angela and Alex during present day Los Angeles. The storylines concerning all three couples and how they were connected to each other were breathtaking. Many times during my reading I felt as if I was right there with them during their tribulations.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Some descriptions in this book made me feel as if I was standing right there with Angela and Alex enjoying the wonders of Italy. I found myself reaching for my tissues when my heart cried for Fioretta and Giuliano who were denied the happiness they were seeking and my heart broke for Sophia who only wanted to be with Gerhard, but I do have to admit that when the storyline eased more toward romance with Angela and Alex and less time spent on the mystery I was a bit disappointed. Overall the book was a hit and I found it very difficult to put down!

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Misty Moss's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”