Review by Shrebarsa -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shrebarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrebarsa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Shrebarsa -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Shrebarsa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Children are naive and sensitive. Their young minds record everything that they see or hear. Therefore, we must help them in cultivating all the good habits right from a very young age. Toni the Superhero is a children's book written by R.D.Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefbe.

Toni is a very cute little kid who shares his story through this book. He is very helpful and kind. But definitely this is not all about Toni. The main story of why Toni the superhero is a superhero gets revealed towards the end. Toni is a lovely boy whose character is very much relatable to the children of today's generation. Toni might seem like a normal little boy to us but to the children he is really a superhero.

This book is very good for young minds as it helps in cultivating good habits in them. It also encourages young minds to become more helpful and kind towards people. This is what I liked about the book. The main issue with the book for me was, being a children's book this book had only 15 pages which was very difficult for me to review. Moreover, there was only a minimum amount of text which made it all the more difficult to review.

A very beautiful work is done by Debbie Hefbe. The colour illustrations are beautiful and attractive. Moreover, the design of the book has been created by keeping the children in mind. The pictures used are very relatable to today's young minds. With such beautiful illustrations Toni can definitely become the new superhero for children of 21st century.

This book is really good for children. But very young children of 1-3 years would require parent's assistance in reading and relating to the story. Therefore, I would recommend this book to the children belonging to the age group of 1-6 years. I rate this book a 3 out of 4. I am not giving this book a complete 4 because I feel there could have been a little more story to it and I am also not rating it a 2 because of the beautiful illustrations used in the book.

I am not a children's book reader but this book was something that really interested me. I would definitely like to read some from R.D.Base but then again I Would suggest him to use a little more story and text in the book. Only illustrations may not be able to help a book to get a good rating. Therefore, I recommend you to use a little more story and text into it. The colour illustrations were beautiful and I do not think there is any need to improve it. The best part of the book is, being a children's book it did not have any editing errors because the story was so simple and the text was minimal.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Shrebarsa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”