Review by dasafin -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dasafin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dasafin.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by dasafin -- My Trip To Adele

Post by dasafin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Title: My Trip to Adele
Author: A I Alyaseer & R I Alyaseer

What a great surprise this book was. Kept it in the back-burner for over a month but when I finally got to it I couldn’t put it down.

A trip to Adele is a fictional book that follows three flawed individuals coming from different cultures and countries, and their constant struggle for answers to the difficult circumstances in their lives. Although the stories unfold on different parts of the world, they all highlight the different and complicated ways that relationships can shape lives and influence both small and big decisions. The stories are also connected by the characters’ love for Adele’s music and the pivotal role her songs play in their lives.

In Jordan we meet Nadia, a single mother driven by her great love for her only son Waleed and the inevitable challenges she faces as she takes a stand against both tradition and law to keep and raise him. In Elias we are introduced to a devoted lover who travels to Morocco following a discovery that a spell might be responsible for his separation from his long lost beloved; Malika. While in Las Vegas married surgeon Yaser struggles to remember the reasons he married his wife Mariam. Feeling overwhelmed by responsibility and consumed by a sense of self loss, Elias embarks on a journey to self discovery.

Adele’s music also serves as a major character in the book. Not only do the authors cleverly use her songs as tittles to the chapters (the chosen song always relevant to the chapter content) but her upcoming concert in Verona is often perceived by the characters as something good to look forward to amidst the constant obstacles in their way.

Adele’s music is truly what brings these stories together. I found myself revisiting all her albums due to the engaging nature of this book. Understanding the lyrics added even more color to the characters experiences and made me root for them even more. However, that is not a necessary requirement in order to enjoy the book. The writing does that all on its own.

This book is compelling, easy to read, and quite unique. Surprisingly, the alternating point of views are easy to follow and the authors do a great job creating characters that constantly develop and improve as their stories unfold.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of a few grammatical errors that I spotted however the errors were not enough to ruin the overall flow of the book. I highly recommend this book; it is simply a great read and an appreciated glance at some of the different customs followed in the world.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dasafin's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”