Review by danopsy -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
danopsy
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by danopsy -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by danopsy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Bloody Book" by Chris Bowen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Bloody Book is a book by Chris Bowen which tells a story of a young boy named Maxx who has never been a big fan of feeling happy. It all started in a class Maxx called Reading Hell with Mr. Fox. Mr. Fox was the new teacher brought in to control the stupidest class at the school called Reading Hell. Reading Hell is a class Maxx believed is like a jail where you get sentenced based on your grade. It is a class where trouble is their friend, and they sit and have a reunion with trouble. Mr. Fox gave the class an assignment to write about when they stopped giving a crap about school and life in general. Speaking the truth, any truth, even just some comes with consequences. Maxx, at just 13 was just not ready for the consequences, so he gave a few stupid lines to Mr. Fox. Surprisingly, Max got “A” because Mr. Fox believed a seed has been planted already in Maxx which he believed he was already writing.

Some years later, Maxx is pouring out his mind out on the assignment which gave birth to this book. A bloody book is a story of how Maxx stopped giving a crap about school and life as a whole. It is indeed bloody as the title reads.

At first, I couldn’t find the blood until it starts flowing all over the book. Is it a metaphor? Or authentic red splatter? Have a read and you will find out. I will drop this for potential readers. Start for the story, care for the characters and stay for the twist only then will you see the blood flowing.

The book is classified as young adult fiction, and it is about 162 pages and 21 chapters. Each chapter has its topic written on its first page, which rightly represents the story of each chapter. The book was written with a casual English tone which will appeal to a lot of readers, especially the target audience. The book is highly educative with numerous lessons for teens and adult inclusive. Therefore I am recommending this book to young teens and adults.

There were many aspects of the book that I enjoyed. The raw thought and emotion of the main character, the lessons about being you, the humorous lines which left me in stitches, the use of casual language which made the book flow gracefully, and the moment Maxx compared parents to kidneys “Two real parents are best but just like a kidney, you can get by okay with one.”

This book was beautifully edited with some typographical error which did not interrupt the flow of the story line. Apart from this, I found no fault in A Bloody Book, for this reason, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars.

A Bloody Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like danopsy's review? Post a comment saying so!
ccranston
Favorite Book: The Last Time I Lied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccranston.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by ccranston »

I'm so glad you brought up the meaning of the title in your review. This is a bloody book indeed. Great job on your review!
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." –Paul Sweeney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”