Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Curve Couture

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Curve Couture

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Curve Couture is a romance novel by H. M. Irwing. As a matter of fact, this is the second book I have read by this author, and I really enjoy her style of writing. Curve Couture is a book which grabbed my attention from the first lines. I was impatient to find out more about the characters, and what would happen to them. The book is a perfect choice for a leisure day on a beach, or at home. However, it is not only an entertaining reading. In fact, the novel focuses on some important issues like the drawbacks of modeling. The book presents the hard work the models do, the deprivations they have to bear, the lack of private life. They are always in the spotlight. On the other hand, the book contains all necessary parts of a romance; there is love, passion, hatred, betrayals, and intrigues.

Claire, the main female character, has spent all her life in the shadow of her capricious and manipulative sister, Janice. Their relationship has always lacked love and understanding. Janice is the beautiful and talented, while Claire is the neglected sister. Unexpectedly, Claire becomes a plus-size model, thanks to Erin’s support. Erin changes her life not only by turning her into a model, but also by making her a part of his life. He also helps Claire realize how special she actually is. Claire gains confidence, and decides to take her life in her own hands. As the story develops, Claire finally feels strong enough to oppose her sister. There is a happy end, which is expected, and somehow trivial, but it is always nice when love defeats hatred.

What I like most of all about the book is the sense of humor, which marks almost every page of the novel. The main character uses self-irony, which is quite entertaining. She overcomes the biggest difficulty, her own lack of confidence. This book brings inspiration that a person may get over all the difficulties, only if he/she believes in himself/herself.

I cannot point even a single thing that I did not like about the book. It is really amazing, and I recommend it to all romantic souls who believe in the power of love.

I noticed some typos while I was reading the book, but they were not serious.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is quite readable, and I really enjoyed it. It totally corresponded to my expectations.

Curve Couture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cvetelina_yovcheva87's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”