Review by Londera -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Londera
2018 Reading Goal: 80
2017 Reading Goal: 300
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: Sword Art Online: Mother Rosario
Bookshelf Size: 388
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Review by Londera -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Londera » 15 Jul 2018, 18:15

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Angela is an art historian who has been having mysterious visions of a painting that doesn’t exist. She always sees Leonardo Da Vinci and a painting of Giuliano Medici and his mistress. She is determined to find out if such a painting really exists. It turns out that Angela is not the only one who has been having these strange visions. Alex Caine, an art detective has also been having dreams of this mysterious painting.

He has a client who is trying to clear the name of his dead uncle, who disappeared in Florence in World War II. They go to Florence in search of the painting , which would be worth millions of dollars is they find it. However they are not the only ones who are looking for the painting. Alberto Scordato is a powerful art dealer who will go to any lengths to find the painting.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is the first book in the Out Of Time series. It is a riveting tale filled with romance, intrigue and rich historical and artistic background. The writing was exceptional. It kind of reminds me of Juliet by Anne Fortier, which is one of my favorite books. It has the same historical and somewhat magical feel. I would recommend this book if you loved Juliet by Anne Fortier or if you love art, historical fiction or stories set in Europe.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I love how the author incorporates different historical settings into one cohesive story. She employed the use of imagery which made the story more vibrant. I love in depth depictions of settings. This story has elements of history, suspense, art and romance.

I liked the portions of the book in which Angela’s visions of the painting take her back into the past. Florence and Tuscany are beautiful places that I always wanted to visit and they are so richly and vividly depicted in this book. I give this book a 4 out of 4.

What attracted me most to this book was the balance of art history and mystery. I have always had a long held fascination for the beauty of Florence. This book is such a relaxing and immersive read. It is literally perfect to read on a rainy day with a warm blanket and a cup of tea. I would recommend this book and will try more of Belle Ami’s work.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Londera's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”