Review by Dahmy 10 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Review by Dahmy 10 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Dahmy 10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero written by R.D. Base is a well articulated storybook for little children. It is the description of an extraordinary boy who likes to do ordinary things. These ordinary things are activities we carry out daily.

The purpose of this book is to help a very little child imbibe a very healthy reading lifestyle. This book is specifically for young children between the ages of 2 to 4 years and not for the older ones. The words written therein are very simple therefore this set of children would grasp easily. It is very well detailed with bright and colourful graphics. Parents are expected to aid the child’s reading by reading out to him/her and compel him/her to repeat what is being read.

Some things caught my interest even though this book isn’t for my age range. The first thing is the purpose that inspired R.D. Base to write this – to create a great reading culture for children while they are still at a tender age, this I must say is an awesome feat. The second interesting quality about this book is its articulation. Opening the book already makes it very pellucid who it was written for. The very simple grammar and awesome pictures all point to the fact that it’s a little child’s book.

The contents of this beautiful book are things the child can easily relate with. Owing to the fact that the book is about things we do everyday the child wouldn’t find it hard to grasp. It is for this reason I believe the book will drive its message home. Therefore apart from inculcating an amazing reading habit in the child, I believe the book strives to ensure the child knows what he/she ought to do on a daily basis. This book has the potential of building habits and even hobbies in the little child.

I rate Toni The Superhero 4 out of 4 stars because it is perfect in its own way. The book has a very limited audience but that doesn’t mean it deserves a lower rating. I say that it is for the little child and the adult who wants his/her interest this therefore engages two kinds of audiences. Combining words and pictures together endowed it with the power needed to effectively teach the child. There is not one grammatical error in this book. The only omission I noticed was the absence of Toni in a particular picture – I am not bending my rating because of this though, I doubt the little child would mind. Let me end this review by relaying what I believe is the most outstanding quality of this book – its storyline. Portraying Toni as a superhero who engages in ordinary things has so much lessons to teach.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Dahmy 10's review? Post a comment saying so!
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Did you read this book one page at a time or with the images side by side like they would be in a physical book? It makes a difference. The illustrations make more sense when you view them side by side, especially the image of Toni and the cat in the tree.

Nice review. It's a cute book. I think children will like collecting Toni's stories as Base continues to write.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

This sounds like a sweet little book. I love when little ones first start to read. It's amazing watching their eyes light up when they make the connection between the word and the world around them.

Using a superhero to show everyday activities is a great idea. It shows that superheroes are people too.

Thank you for your insightful review. 💕
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:

Post by Dahmy 10 »

kfwilson6 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:06 Did you read this book one page at a time or with the images side by side like they would be in a physical book? It makes a difference. The illustrations make more sense when you view them side by side, especially the image of Toni and the cat in the tree.

Nice review. It's a cute book. I think children will like collecting Toni's stories as Base continues to write.
You're definitely right about that, I love your choice of word, 'cute'... It's indeed amazing with the pictures. Thanks once again for your time!
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:

Post by Dahmy 10 »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 22:57 This sounds like a sweet little book. I love when little ones first start to read. It's amazing watching their eyes light up when they make the connection between the word and the world around them.

Using a superhero to show everyday activities is a great idea. It shows that superheroes are people too.

Thank you for your insightful review. 💕
Like Beyoncé inferred in a song she featured on, every extraordinary man is still a man. Thanks so much for your time!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”