Review by bboy p -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bboy p
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bboy-p.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Review by bboy p -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by bboy p »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The MECE Muse is a wonderful guide to progress in the consulting world. Reading this book made me understand that one must have an MBA in order to be a great consultant. The book is a sort of mentorship for people who want to know about consultancy. The author, Christie Lindor, made herself a perfect example by sharing her personal experiences as a consultant and the experiences of others through fireside interviews.

One very important feature of the book is the appendix at the back of the book that has a summary of all the important teaching points. At the end of the book bullet points summarising each chapter are in place to give me as a reader a recap of the entire book. Through this book I learnt that a consultant needs to know that how customers are treated matters a lot and he/she has to have a professional presence, be polite and keep doing his job.

This book outlines the qualities of a good consultant plus the do's and don'ts of consultancy. One has to know that consultancy is primarily about helping others solve problems. A consultant must be a good listener rather than being a talkative in order to protect his/her client's interest. While reading I noticed that many of the tips in this book have been tried and tested over time thereby giving the readers quality assurance.

I also noticed some excellent quotes from other authors. This has given the book more credibility as these people I have heard about before also playing a role in the book. I see this book as a great piece that shouldn't lack in any consultancy library. Every chapter of this book describes many ways to improve each quality of a successful consultant. Apart from consultancy this book is a good character molder for readers.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I didn't notice any typos, grammatical errors and misuse of punctuation marks. This book The MECE Muse has clear objectives which are made visible to the readers. It was well edited and formatted, which pushed me to giving the book 4 stars. This book has an inviting preface attracting any reader and giving him/her an enthusiasm to know more about the content of the book. All I think this great book lacks is a fireside interview with someone who left consultancy for another career thereby giving readers a client's point of view. I recommend this book to all professional and non professional consultants and I see this book as a must read.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like bboy p's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”