Review by sha_012 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sha_012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sha-012.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by sha_012 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by sha_012 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami is a romantic/suspense/thrillers book. The story revolved around the journey to mysterious painting lost during World War II, which was not proven to exist until today. Angela, a beautiful young woman who was then an Art historian and who was also gifted of visions of Leonardo da Vinci and a painting depicting the brother of Lorenzo Medici, Giuliano and his mistress Fioretta was intrigue by these visions and started to search for answers. Alex, an art detective who was hired by a wealthy German who was also after the painting to clear the name of his late uncle who disappeared during World War II.

Surprised by the unexpected circumstances to work with each other, Angela and Alex was determined to know the truth which leads them to Florence where the painting was believed to be before it went missing. However, they were not the only one who is interested to this mysterious painting. Having an alas against Angela and with the ruthlessness of this person here comes the danger to the lives of Angela and Alex.

What I admire in this book was the engaging thrill and romance at the same time, I like how the author organized the plot of the story or the transitioning period from past to present and past again it is very interesting. As a reader you are triggered to connect dots and link events that are missing, it was like a riddle you need to understand, a maze to get out with and a mystery to uncover, definitely enthralling. Once you sit and start to read it you can never take your attention away from it, very captivating you'll never know what to expect or not I must say it will intrigue you any so many ways.

Moreover, Art and History plays a very important part in this book it gives more lights to the events which was also used as a tool to unravel the truth. The author was very clever by using these two, as we all know, Art identifies History in so many levels as well as History to Art. These two components is very compatible in terms of giving each other compliments or criticism. Interesting choice and kudos to those author that can really bring out things like these.

Having a prior knowledge of The Davinci Code by Dan Brown everything was so far good I couldn't find any flaws from the story itself however. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars it is very engaging and interesting. I read this book not expecting to finished it quite fast because it holds your attention more than you expect. I’ll recommend this book to those readers who enjoy thrills and mysteries, it’s quite quizzical note that.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sha_012's review? Post a comment saying so!
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

This book is very engaging, the main characters are well developed and you start to feel some caring about them, and of course, you hate the enemies. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”