Review by samiam013 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
samiam013
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Review by samiam013 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by samiam013 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a suspense thriller and enthralling romance encompassed into one beautiful story.

When we initially meet Angela Renatus, an art historian specializing in Italian Renaissance, she is working as an intern at the Getty Museum. She has been plagued by strange dreams and visions of Guiliano Medici and his lover Fioretta.

Alex Caine is an art detective who has been hired by the wealthy German Max Jaegar to find a missing Leonardo Da Vinci painting which may or may not exist. Max Jaegar retains an invested interest in acquiring the painting because he is trying to clear his Uncle Gerhard’s name. Gerhard has ties to the missing Da Vinci painting due to letters he had written to his mother before his disappearance during WWII. The disappearance of the painting also directly correlates to the date he went missing. We also meet Dr. Alberto Scordato, the director of the Getty Museum and Angela’s boss. He is also searching for the painting and will stop at nothing, including murder, to succeed in his quest.

Alex contacts Angela for assistance with recovering the missing piece of art and the magic that is The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci begins to be revealed. Angela has vivid dreams of Guiliano and Fioretta as well as Gerhard and his lover Sophia. She feels a profoundly personal connection to Fioretta and Sophia which leads to the mysterious supernatural side of the story. Have Alex and Angela known each other for centuries? Were they brought together by fate in this lifetime to acquire the painting and finally force an end to tragedies that occur time and again in the past?

I became intrigued with the storyline from the first page of the book, and that need to find out what happens next continued throughout the book. I love page turners like this one in which you get lost in the story. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci quickly becomes an intense race over who will find the painting first Angela and Alex or Scordato.

There are quite a few extremely sexually explicit scenes in the book, so I would not recommend it to younger readers. I do give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars due to Belle Ami’s amazingly descriptive and beautiful writing style. She really does bring Paris and the characters to life in this book. I felt as though I was there in Paris with the characters and grew to know the characters quite well. I also found that for a story with so many characters and differing storylines, I never once felt as though I had to re-read a passage to understand who I was reading about.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical romance. Also to anyone who enjoys history and art due to the fact that Belle Ami accomplishes a lovely job of incorporating both into her writing. I greatly enjoyed reading The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci and cannot wait to read the upcoming books in the series.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like samiam013's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious! Infect someone today! :D
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

As you mention in your review this book has an intriguing plot from the first page. I enjoyed this book. Great review!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review and as you say, a good writing style can add an additional dimension to an already good book.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
samiam013

Post by samiam013 »

onixpam wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 09:29 As you mention in your review this book has an intriguing plot from the first page. I enjoyed this book. Great review!
Thank you, so glad you enjoyed the review and found the book to be as intriguing as I found it. I am looking forward to the next ones in the series now.
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

samiam013

Post by samiam013 »

Helen_Combe wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 06:40 Great review and as you say, a good writing style can add an additional dimension to an already good book.
A good style of writing can add so much to a book that already has a great foundation of a story indeed! So happy you enjoyed the review!

Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Nice review! I agree that the author had an "amazingly descriptive and beautiful writing style." I liked this book as well but thought some parts could use a little extra depth. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, though :)
samiam013

Post by samiam013 »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 13:45 Nice review! I agree that the author had an "amazingly descriptive and beautiful writing style." I liked this book as well but thought some parts could use a little extra depth. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, though :)
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the review and enjoyed the book as well.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”