Review by Zelia95 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zelia95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelia95.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Zelia95 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Zelia95 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[Review of Sigfried's Smelly Socks by Len Foley] 

OH MY! Something smells awful here, but what could it be? Is it that rotten banana that’s there on the page or that disgusting diaper left behind by litter sister Piper? What is that smell? It's coming from over there.......what could possibly be so ghastly, that my nose and room could smell like that? Let us investigate and get to the bottom of this! 

Join silly Sigfried as he goes on an adventure to uncover the source of that awful smell, pack full of quirky names and eccentric descriptions to keep you and the little ones in a tongue twisting maze. This includes his naughty dog Oscar who just peed on one of the pages, his brother Sherman who wiped his nose on another page, his uncle Kato who left an old potato just there and a lot of other stuff, let's not forget about cute little Pipe........well let's just say she left behind something big! Than we have the pile of socks that are hidden beneath his bed, to which he decides to finally wash. Thank goodness! 

Len Foley has brought us Sigfried's Smelly Socks, a super cute children's book, that has a lovely use of colour and catchy descriptions to help any 3-7-year-old to enjoy this book. It is packed full with funny little rhymes and an unexpected ending that will leave you in stiches. Sigfried is a silly boy, how could he not be, with a name like that? And just like any other silly boy comes with silly little actions that can leave any parent feel hopeless.  

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 rating because I really enjoyed this book, despite it being for a younger audience preferably. The use of colour of each of the different socks, how each sock had I distinct smell different from the last and the use of creative imagination to come up with a unique element for each sock and also the other food items in the book being described. There's also a little friend on one of the pages, not hard to miss. I also loved how the book ends with him washing his socks in a rather odd place. [facepalm] I really think this is a great storybook to read to children right before bedtime, as it will leave them think how silly little Sigfried really is. 

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Zelia95's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I read this book recently and had similar sentiments. Great review!
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”