Review by Kister Bless -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret

And Then I Met Margaret is the best anthology I have read so far. The book contains 21 chapters that range from Rob's life as a child who expects to work in a factory Mill in future, a high school graduate choosing college route and a school teacher until when he, Rob white becomes a real estate developer and restaurateur. Generally, the book is about the author's life.

And Then I Met Margaret is a book that has great life lessons. In the book we get to learn that it's the little things we do, the everyday interactions and meetings that can help transform our lives if we let them. We also learn that everyone has a role to play in our lives whether poor or rich, civilized or uncivilized, educated or uneducated. They impact on our lives positively no matter how their status are. Big or small, the impacts they make in our lives change us for better. Like the instance of the Maasai mother who demonstrated that we are much more than we try to imagine. Sadly, like the Maasai mother we come across many teachers that are never acknowledged but play a vital role in our daily endeavours.

I loved the book because of how it is challenging our life expectations. The book portrays a true picture of what we go through in our daily lives. Even as we try to make ends meet, it's not easy. Struggles are involved. Nobody was born successful. There's a sad story behind every successful person and to succeed one needs to go for it. Nothing comes easy. An example is the author. He was not born a real estate developer and restaurateur but step by step he achieved it.

I also loved the book because it's tone was so consistent. That spiced the book up and kept me wanting to read the book more and more. How each chapter of the book came along with great life lessons that impacts on our lives positively was just amazing.

What intrigued me into reading the book was the tittle of the book and the book cover for I thought that it was a romance book. It wasn't really what I expected and in addition I came to learn that Margaret didn't even have a large part to play. She only had a tiny part she played in a story. The book caught me off guard for it wasn't what I thought it was but all the same, it was enchanting and worth my time and reading.

I must confess that And Then I Met Margaret is a cup of my tea. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because it stole my heart, the short chapters makes it an easy read and the before-after story format kept me notified of what to expect next. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants something uplifting. It won't disappoint!

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

And Then I Met Margaret is a book that has great life lessons. In the book we get to learn that it's the little things we do, the everyday interactions and meetings that can help transform our lives if we let them. We also learn that everyone has a role to play in our lives whether poor or rich, civilized or uncivilized, educated or uneducated. They impact on our lives positively no matter how their status are. Big or small, the impacts they make in our lives change us for better.
I liked your review and how you described what you liked about the book. I thought the same about how everything that happens to us and everyone that we meet can all be our "gurus". I enjoyed reading the short stories about his childhood and then how he was able to apply what he learned later in life. I rated And Then I Met Margaret 4 out of 4 stars.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thanks so much for loving the review. The book is indeed awesome and worth one's time. I would read it again and again.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

Thanks for the review Kister Bless. Indeed this book furnishes us with great life lessons and it's written in a great manner. I agree with you that Margaret did not have a great part to play as expected -a great disappointment really.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thank you Al Chakauya.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Nicely written review. By reading the review, I can tell the book is about life. How small things can immensely impact our life is still a mystery. Good work, keep up the good work.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thanks so much Sunnyroyish.
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

I loved this book too, it was so interesting to read and had some humor moments. I couldn't put it down.
Thanks for the great review.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thanks Asavela. The book is indeed a great read.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

It is a recommendable for my mom who likes the genre because I prefer something else.. Thank you for this.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

IamShing wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 03:23 It is a recommendable for my mom who likes the genre because I prefer something else.. Thank you for this.

Thank you and welcome. It's a great book and I bet she will enjoy it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”